Chapter 1

(Pic of Ally is on the right ->)

I wake up to loud knocking on my door. I groan and yell I'm up. Footsteps can be herd walking away from my door. I get up slowly, not wanting to leave the comfort of my bed. I stretch and look around the big room of mine. I look out from the window in my room at the vast ocean below, houses and walls before that. In case you didn't know, I'm a princess, firstborn in the Western Kingdom. My parents are, of course, the king and queen. They are fair and just and pay attention to everyone in the kingdom, both rich and poor. I have a sister and brother. My sister's name is Carol and she is my youngest sibling. My brother's name is Zane and he has women falling at his feet. I get dressed from my nightgown into a blue dress and leave my brown hair down. I walk out of my room and into the long hallways of the castle. A few servants walk around the hallway. I head to the throne room, where my parents are most likely to be sitting right now. I walk through the double doors, which are opened by two guards, and walk down the red carpet to where Zane and Carol are standing. I bow to my parents, who nod and smile in return.

"Good morning, Ally," my mom, Queen Bianca, says in a calm voice. My father, King Lucas, remains silent.

"Good morning, mother," I reply. Zane stands tall next to me while Carol fans herself with her pink fan, which matches her pink dress. Oh, I'm seventeen years old, while Zane is fifteen, and Carol is fourteen.

"We would like to inform you that there will be a ball-"

"A ball!" My sister nearly shrieks, My father stares at her hard, reminding her of her impolite interruption. Leave it to my sister to freak over a ball.

"Oh," Carol says, blushing while tried to hide an embarrassed smile, "sorry, father" my dad nods and continues on.

"We would like to inform you that every royal family from every kingdom will be coming here in a month ," my father pauses for the info to seep in, "I expect all of you to be on your best behavior," he gives Carol a stern look. She hides her smile behind her fan.

"So, why am I here?" Zane asks.

"Because I also want you to think about a bride, since you will soon becoming king," my father replies, "you may leave," we all bow before leaving the room. Once the doors shut, Carol hugs me tightly.

"A ball!" She nearly yells, "all three kingdoms are coming here in a month! And all the princes will be there! What if Prince Xavier is there?" I roll my eyes.

"So what if he is there?" I ask. I get hit in the shoulder by her fan as a reply.

"He is the hottest prince in all four kingdoms!" she says in return. I laugh inside.

"Who says I think he is cute?" I say, "we haven't even seen him in our lives, how do you know if he is hot or not,"

"You are so negative about everything!" Carol says, rolling her eyes. We walk towards the castle doors in silence. Guards open the doors for us as we walk out into the kingdom. People bowed when we walked past. Carol smiled while I looked at the cobblestone ground as we walk. I don't need to look up to know the guards always kept their eyes on us. We stopped when a guard approached us.

"Princess Ally," he says while bowing, "your parents would like to see you," he bowed once again and left. Carol was giving off a confused look then waves to me as she continues the walk. I sigh and walk back to the castle. More people bow as I walk past. I reach the doors and the guards open them once again. I take a deep breath and walk up the stairs and into the throne room. My parents at standing now, talking to some messengers. They see me and smile as I walk to them.

"Mom? Dad?" I ask as I stop in front of them.

"You guys may go," my dad says and the messengers nod and bow before leaving. My parents wait until the door as closed to speak.

"We have received a message from the Northern Kingdom," my dad says slowly, as if choosing his words carefully, "they have requested an arranged marriage,"

"And who is getting married?" I ask slowly, hoping it wasn't me. Some part of me knew it was me.

"Well," my mom says, "Prince Xavier soon to become king of the Northern Kingdom and he needs a bride. So they asked us if you would marry him in return for twenty thousand gold,"

"Wait," I say, getting angry, "you are making me marry someone I haven't even met and sending me there for twenty thousand gold? What loving parents I have,"

"It for the good of the kingdom," my dad says.

"But what about your daughter?" I yell, "you're selling your own daughter off to be married! Tell them no, I don't accept," my mom gives my dad a nervous look.

"We can't," my dad says simply, "we already sent the letter back saying you will marry Xavier," I shake my head and leave the room running to my own room. I open the door and slam it shut. Forced marriage. I have no options. I sit on my bed and stare at the floor. Eventually, I fall asleep and miss lunch and diner.

------

Author's Note:

First chapter up! I changed the name from Liabel to Ally.

Hope you've enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!

~NZ