Chapter 9

~Next Day~

"What color do you like better?" Piper asks in her squeaky annoying voice, "magenta or pink, oh! How about orange!" I sigh. I don't like working with Piper on planning my wedding, but, I will just have to live through it.

"Piper," I say, exhausted, "how about white and black, or light blue, almost a white, and black?" Piper thinks for a bit.

"But that is inside the box," she says, saddened that I didn't like any of her choices, "don't you want something extraordinary, or something people will remember?"

"Piper, not to be rude," I say, "but orange won't look good at a wedding," Piper sighs, exhausted.

"Fine," she says, annoyed that I denied her ideas, "what color do you want?"

"Light blue and black," I say firmly without hesitation. Piper sighs.

"Alright," she says bitterly, "I guess that will be fine, but I still think orange is a better col-"

"Piper," I snap, "you can choose orange as your wedding theme, but you can't tell me what the color theme for my wedding is," Piper looks at me shocked as I stand up and leave the room, almost slamming the door loudly behind me. I lean against the wall and sigh a breath of relief. This is the first day of wedding planning and I'm already stressed out. I stand up straight and walk around and explore the first floor of the castle. I heard the mads talking about the library, which is on the first floor. I always loved reading. I read books all the time on stormy days when I had nothing to do. I look inside every room, always dsappointed when I didn't find the library. I walk nervously towards the last door and open it. I smile when I see the walls, which were about a hundred feet tall, with books lined up on them. It was magneficent. I forget all about the stress and look through the books. I will deffinetly spend a lot of time here. I find an book I have been meaning to read for quite a while and go to sit down and read it.. I find a large window with two chairs and a small table sitting in front of it. I sit down in a chair and open the book and begin to read. I hear someone st down in the other char, but don't look up after a few pages. Xavier sits there, reading a book. He looks up and smiles shyly at me.

"Hey," he says awkwardly.

"Hey," I greet him, confused why he was in the library. I mean, this is his home, he could go anywhere he wanted, but I never imagined he would go to the library.

"Are you stressed out?" he asks while reading the book.

"Yeah," I say and see him smirk out of the corner of my eyes, "how did you know I was stressed?" he smiles as he looks up from his book.

"I heard you yell at Piper from the room above you," he says with a small laugh, "and I don't think orange is a good color for a wedding," I smile as I turn back to my book.

"How are things going on your end?" I ask without looking up.

"Okay," he says, "a lot less stressful than what you're dealing wth," I smile.

"I just can't wait till we try to pick out a dress or fnd a good cake," I say sarcasticly, "we all know Piper is gong to try and convince me to change the theme to orange as hard as possible,"

"Sounds like fun," he says and I laugh softly. We then return to an awkward silence when we return to reading our books. After about half an hour later, a maid approaches us and curtsies politely.

"Sorry to inturrupt you, your highness," she says to me, "but we need you to continue to plan the wedding. Prince Xavier could tag along if he wants to," I notice her blushing when she said Xavier's name. I got a weird feelng like I wanted to slap the maid. I blink, shocked with myself, I just got jealous. Jealous of what tho? I sigh and dismiss the thought as I snap back into reality. I nod and put the book on the table and stand.

"Are you coming?" I ask Xavier before following the mad out.

"Nah, you go ahead," he says, "I might join in later," I nod and leave the library. I enter a room bigger than the one before and see Alecia sitting there with Piper, who didn't look at me when I enter, probably mad that I yelled at her. I sit down across from them and the mad left, closing the door behind her.

"We need to discuss where the wedding reception will be held," Alecia says, "it could be held in the ballroom, or in the kingdom square," I think about this.

"I think the ballroom would be safer," I say. Alecia smiles and writes it down on some paper.

"What is the theme for the weddng?" Alecia asks, "I'm sure you and Piper talked about this already," I nod and open my mouth to answer, but Piper just couldn't keep her big, fat, annoying mouth shut.

"The theme will be orange," she says with a smile. I glare at her. Oh when I become Queen, she is so out of here.

"No it's not," I say, annoyance in my voice, "it is light blue," Piper glares at me. Oh you want to play this game, don't you missy? I am the one with higher authority than you. But, once again, she couldn't seem to keep her mouth shut.

"No it isnt, miss," she says, "we agreed on orange, remember?" her squeaky voice is horrible.

"Piper," I say calmly but bitterly, "it is not orange, we dscussed this already; it's light blue, not orange,"

"No ma'am," she says, "I assure you that is orange,"

"No Piper," I say with more authority in my voice, "it is light blue, and might I ask you to stop planning my wedding for me, if you want to plan a wedding so bad, then go get engaged," I said 'my' with emphasis to mean my point. I sit tall, glaring daggers at Piper, who was doing the same. She knows I won the battle but she doesn't want to look defeated.

"'m sorry, your highness," she says bitterly, "but orange seems like a better option, no one uses blue in weddng," she smiles smuggly, looking triumphant. I open my mouth to speak, but a new voice speaks instead.

"Piper," the voice, which belongs to Xavier, says firmly, "no one uses orange in their weddings. Light blue is closer to white, therefore, it is more formal than orange. And might I ask you that you please stop trying to plan Ally and I's wedding yourself," Piper turns pale. I smirk at her, letting her know that I won the battle long ago. She glares at me and finally shuts her mouth.

"So, what is the theme?" Alecia asks, who was watching the arguement quietly.

"It is light blue," I tell her. Piper opens her mouth, but the look she recieved from Xavier shut her up. I fight back a laugh, but deep down, I know that when we go and try wedding dresses on, Piper will argue until the world turns flat. But I was ready for that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I am getting ideas now. I am hoping this book goes until twenty chapters, maybe one or two less. I might or might not have another book after this.

Thanks for reading!

~NZ