Chapter 8- The Weekend

Chapter 8-The Weekend Horror

Me and Zed sat in the park while reading Othello. Zed needs a tutor for English to raise his grade, no doubt he's been getting himself into trouble with our English teacher.

"Let's go over this one more time Zed. Who's Desdemona?"

"Othello's wife."

"Good job. Who's Iago?"

"The solider who's trying to get in the way of Desdemona and Othello and he wanted to get that promotion from Othello."

"See your getting it already. It's not that hard. It's simple Zed."

"Only with you it is."

"Oh god! Stop being so corny."

"What can I say it's my specialty." I kiss his cheek and we continued to study until Zoey cape to the park with her Puppy, she named it Puppy. Ironic huh? But it's cute.

"Zoey slow down." Zed shouts out as Puppy goes a little bit faster.

"She'll be fine Zed. She's a girl and she won't let anyone hurt her, she has Puppy."

We resumed to study until Eliza came over with Bucky.

"We're here for Zoey. Your Dad wants her back home Zed, along with you as well."

"Me? But why? Eliza did something happen?" Eliza picks up Zoey and  her Puppy.

"Zombies are being harassed more than ever. We need to leave Zed."

Zed looks at me and I kiss his lip, lingering there for a moment before our foreheads touch.

"Don't worry about me Rose, I'll be fine."

"Zed...." He turns around and steals a last kiss.

"Don't worry, I'll call you once I get home." His hands on my face and I sigh.

"Alright. You should go, Eliza is waiting."

He tries to move further away but I nod my head reassuring he should. I kept on studying in the park until Bucky came back from walking Eliza back to Zomebietown. Me and Bucky walked back home, talking on the way.

"Did anything seem suspicious? In Zomebietown?"

"No it seemed normal although Eliza had that look on her face."

"I'm worried. Something feels like a change. A bad change."

"Don't worry sis, it's probably the government issuing us all a curfew."

"At four o'clock in the afternoon? A curfew?"

"Well zombies had curfew before didn't they?"

"Yes, but it was a night curfew not a day curfew."

We reached home and saw Mom watching the news on TV and that's when I sat down with Mom.

"Mom what is it? Mom?"

"They're putting more restrictions on zombies. Much tighter restrictions then before."

"Mom, what are you saying? Mom, this cannot happen."

"Bucky you need to keep an eye on Rosemary and make sure she doesn't get into trouble at school."
**********
I sat in my bedroom and did my homework in silence. Bored and missing Zed, being in his arms.

"Sis? I got a message from Zed. I think he wants you to meet him in Zomebietown."

"I don't want to go Bucky. I have homework, lots of homework that's due on Monday."