Chapter 7- The Unknown Birthday & A Romantic Gesture

Rosemary's POV

I woke up on my bed, only to see myself surrounded by papers. Bucky's been getting me my homework from school and Zed been over to help me catch up with all the quizzes and test and homework. Mom and Dad haven't spoke to each other since the Block Party and that was three weeks ago.

"Are you sure you want to come to school today sis? Sure you don't want to wait till next week? I know how important this day is to you."

"Bucky, I can't miss anymore days because of what Addison said, not to mention she really announced that to half of Seabrook population that my health is the reason why our family isn't functioning properly. And no matter what day it is, I have to go to school."

"Hey now, don't get all upset. Mom and Dad aren't talking to each other because they're busy, not because of you, plus your their Princess especially today." I shrug my shoulder and got dressed while Bucky waited for me outside of my door.

I grabbed my bag and sling it over my shoulders. I opened my door and saw Bucky talking to Zed, I really didn't feel like I wanted to deal with this right now.

"Zed....what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to walk you to school if your up for it." Bucky gave me those eyes, the 'go walk with him' eyes.

"Yeah, sure that would be nice." Bucky smiles at me and motions me to leave the House, no he really just opened up the door and made me want to leave the house.

Zed reaches out his hand and I take it quietly. I haven't been outside since last week and that's when I visited Zoey and her puppy, Zed was at football practice and he's getting better without using his Z-Band.

"Your quite."

"Sorry. Thinking."

"About us? About school? About Zoey?"

"That pretty much summons up everything." He smiles and I smile back a little. This was going to be a long day, especially this particular day.
^^^^^^^^^
Sitting in the cafeteria with Zed and the other zombies. Eliza was talking to Bucky and Bonzo was currently showing Bree how to carve things from the Apple skins and Addison was sitting with me on my right and Zed on my left.

"Your awfully quite cuz."

"That's what I told her when we walked."

"I'm just not in the mood for talking." I smiled warmly and looked down on my lap. Was I making a mistake? Coming back here?

Bonzo gave me a little rose and I gasp softly. I smile a little and put it on my tray. The breakfast went slowly and I took my bag, walking to my locker alone. Taking out my books and leaving the rose and my phone inside my locker and walked to my class.

English was fine and I loved literature, especially Shakespeare. We are currently reading Othello and trust me when I say that Zed was only behind me sitting, cliché right? What's even more cliché was what came out of his mouth.

"Alright class can anyone tell me what's Othello is about?" I raised my hand and he pointed at me.

"The play tells the story of a powerful general of the Venetian army, Othello, whose life and marriage are ruined by a conniving, deceitful, and envious soldier, Iago. It has drama, romance, jealousy, and envy."

"Very good. You shall read all of Act One and have a Quiz on it tomorrow." I sigh, considering I want to take the quiz now but I have to be considerate with the rest of the class.

"Psst, Rose." I turned around and saw Zed smirking,"Be the Juliet to my Romeo?"

"Zed we're already dating. And we're reading Othello, not Romeo and Juliet."