Chapter 5-Cheer Championship & Heart Crushed

Rosemary's POV

I stand with Bree and Addison. She was really embracing her real hair out in public and I support her one hundred percent.

"I thought your parents didn't want you to be out in public with your real hair."

"They don't, but I can't hide who I am anymore. Who we are." I smile at Addison and then I heard some voices, I looked over the railing and saw Zed & Bonzo.

"There she's over there." I gasp and look at Addison and Bree.

"Go! Go go!" I nod my head and follow Zed as Addison and Bree followed me, but Bree went to backstage. Me and Addison followed Zed to here Eliza was. But Addison spoke up.

"At least you have the guts to stand up for yourself. I say do it."

"I say don't do it Eliza. You can change the world just not through sabotage. Trust me Eliza, this is not the Zombie way." Zed held my hand and I blush a little. It don't matter how many times he takes my hand, I will not get over it without blushing.

"Okay, you know what, Addison? You're not gonna change my mind. Wait, you agree with me? Okay, I like this girl."

"Sabotage isn't the zombie way. It's not who we are. It's not who you are. I'm not a monster. I'm a zombie. You're a cheerleader. You're not gonna change the world through sabotage. You change the world through cheer." I smile and look at Zed, forgetting the others were there.

"Okay, um, so no sabotage?"

"No sabotage, Eliza. That's not who I am. That's not who we are."

"Seabrook is up next!" Bree shouts and Addison gets a head start. The rest of us follow Addison.

"Put your hands together for our defending champions, a team that needs no introduction...But since we're doing it anyway, it might as well be over-blown and flashy. Here are the almighty outtasighty Seabrook Shrimp that are mighty! Go Seabrook! Go Mighty Shrimps! Go Seabrook!" They don't seem to do very well and the crowd started to boo them.

"Sweetest type of sabotage. Self-Sabotage." Then I saw Zoey get on the stage and started to cheer.

"What is she doing?"

"She's changing things. By cheering."

"But that's not how change works. You can't just change things with one person and a pair of pom poms."

"Yeah, you're right. It's gonna take more than just one person. It's gonna take all of us." I looked over at Zed and smile. Addison is really getting wiser than ever.

"Like they'll ever see us as normal." Eliza says.

"They won't. Because we're not normal." Zed is right.

"And they need to see that. Zombies celebrate their differences. So let's go out there and celebrate. Cheer championship style." I suggest.

"You guys in?"

"Za."

"So this is a revolution?"

"Yeah, this is our revolution."

"Okay, but does it have to be cheer, though?"

"Come on."

We all walked up to Bucky on the stage and Zed talks to Bucky first.

"Bucky, things can change."

"Look, change is happening, Bucky.
And we're not going away. So you can either fight us and lose or you can be a part of it." Eliza tells him and he hands me the whistling key to me.