Chapter 7~~~~ Sorry Nate

Hunter's POV

I finally caught my first Pokemon! But I couldn't  shake the feeling of worry that I had. Team Rocket was still looking for me. And I didn't know why.

    " Hunter, are you okay", Nate asked worriedly. Concern was in his eyes. 

        " Yeah, I'm fine, I just.... timed out, I guess".  But I knew it wasn't a good lie. Despite that, he didn't say anything.  We walked back in silence, the sun beating down on us.  Sweat starting dripping down my face, and my breathing got heavy.  We had walked pretty far into the forest, chasing this Rattata. We passed a clearing of trees, one that seemed familiar. My heart started beating faster, and I felt eyes watching me. I stopped, dead in my tracks. 

      " Hunter, are you sure your okay?" He grabbed my shoulder , and turned my face to meet his. I felt the moisture in my eyes starting to spill over, and I wiped my face hurriedly.

     " I told you, I'm fine", I snapped, " You go ahead, I want to train for a minute". The hurt in his eyes was evident, but I didn't want him involved in this. I needed to fight my own battles, and find my mother.  I turned away, and I could hear the crunching of leaves and twigs. I peeked behind my shoulder, and he was gone. I walked into the clearing. The noise of the chirping Bird Pokemon rang out through the trees. " Where are you", I demanded.  No answer.  " I know you want me, you're looking for me".  Small whispers , whispers like the wind, replied.

      " Yes, yes we are. We get you, the boss pays us. Boss pays us, if we get you. Come here, let us take you away, boss pays us".  I tensed up, gripping my Pokeball. The trees rustled, and a group, of five or six . There wasn't any way I could defeat them all.  They could tell that I was nervous, and they smiled grimly.   

        " Oh, little boy is scared, scared of us. But boss won't let us, he would punish us. No money for us. So we won't hurt you. Don't worry little boy, you'll be safe, for now". Two girls tossed Pokeballs, and Zubats came out, screaming. I sank to the ground , holding my eyes in pain. They grinned again, and I felt sticky threads covering my body, wrapping themselves across my mouth. ' String Shot', I thought.  

        " Good little boy, stay still , stay quiet. Resist, and the other one gets hurt. Hurt so badly. Break his bones, burn his flesh, kill his mother, all of this and more. Quiet and still, quiet and still", they said in unison.  " Take him away Zubat, take him away".