Grunt's Can't Love

Nate's POV

I waddled around the house, only 4 at the time. Mommy laughed as she watched me. She picked up the basket of laundry , and set it down on the rug. Knocking came from the big door in the living room, and my mom went to answer. She opened it, and I ran to grab her legs. " Please, help me and my son. Can we just rest for the night, we are both very tired. We promise we will leave in the morning," a woman begged, and I peeked out from behind my mother. A lady was standing there, breathing hard. A boy, about my age, was holding her hand. He had messy brown hair, and brown eyes. " Yes, come in please," my mom said, and the lady walked inside. " Let me get you something warm to drink, and you can tell me your story".  The boy walked away from his mother, and he walked shyly up to me. 

" Hi, my name is Hunter", he said. " My name is Nate". Mommy came back, holding the two mugs that we put hot cocoa in. " Here," she said, handing Hunter and his mommy the mugs. Hunter took a sip, and his mom started talking. " It started last week"... she began. " Nate, take Hunter up to your room, and go play".  I nodded, and I started running up the stairs, Hunter following. " We can play with my toys, or Meowth", I said, and Hunter nodded. " I've never had a friend before", he said quietly, looking down.