Does She Know You're Gay?-17

"They're finally gone." Jisoo says, looking out the window.

"Alright, ready to leave?"

Jennie takes Jisoo's hand in hers, entwining their fingers, and leads Jisoo out of the apartment complex and onto the street where her car is.

"M'lady." Jennie says, holding the car door open for Jisoo.

"You're such a dork." Jisoo chuckles before getting in.

"But a dork that you're going out with, so joke's on you!"

"And I wouldn't have it any other way." Jisoo smiles.

Why is she making this so hard. Jennie thinks to herself.

"Are you gonna get in the car?" Jisoo asks.

"Oh, y-yeah!"

Jennie hadn't realized that she was just staring at Jisoo and holding the door open, even after Jisoo had gotten into the car.

"You're gonna lose tonight." Jisoo smirks.

"What?! No I'm not! I can handle myself for one night."

"You wanted to kiss me just now." Jisoo smiles as Jennie starts driving.

"Wha- I- wha- pft- nu-uh!" is all Jennie manages to say.

"Just prepare for your loss." Jisoo says, patting Jennie's thigh.

Jisoo spends the rest of the car ride teasing Jennie until they pull up in front of Jennie's apartment building.

"Oh my god, they're still here." Jennie says, burying her face in her hands.

"Who's still here?"

"Paparazzi. Someone must've tipped them off that we left your place."

"But how?"

"I dunno, they have their ways of getting information. Quickly grab your stuff and we're gonna go in as fast as we can. Put on this mask and cap."

Jisoo quickly does as she's told and Jennie nods for her to get out of the car.

"Jennie! Over here!"

"Who's the girl?"

"Does she know you're gay?"

"What's the plan with JYP?"

"Are you gonna give Lee Hi a comeback?"

All the paparazzi swarm around Jennie and Jisoo, asking questions, as they fight to get to the door. Once they're finally inside the building, Jisoo pulls down her mask a breathes a sigh of relief.

"How can you endure that all the time?"

"It doesn't happen all the time, my artists definitely have it a lot worse." Jennie shrugs.

"But still, I don't think I could have a bunch of people follow me like that."

"It's been happening ever since I was little, you know, cause of my dad, so I guess in a way it's just something I've grown up with. I'm sure there are a bunch of pictures of my unfortunate pre-puberty face plastered all over the internet."

And with a mischievous glint in her eye, Jisoo whips out her phone and searches up 'Jennie Kim'. Immediately, Jisoo's face drops.

"Jisoo, are you okay?" Jennie asks.

"Articles, there's so many..."

Jisoo shoves her phone into Jennie's hands and she reads one of the headers.

"Jennie Kim, Korea's hot, young, gay CEO spotted with mystery girl headed to and from apartment. Could it be a new love interest?" Jennie reads aloud. Attached to the article is a picture of her and Jisoo from today.

"What if my family finds out. What if, my friends find out. People are going to see that article, and show it to my family. I can't have that. Oh my god, what do I do." Jisoo says, frantically running her hands through her hair.

"Hey, it's fine, we'll figure this out."

Jennie is attempting to calm Jisoo down, but it's not really working that well.

"Jennie, you haven't met my family. This isn't going to bode over well with them."

"It's only been a little while, I'll contact the publicity team and get the articles taken down, alright?"

Jisoo silently nods her head and clings onto Jennie tightly, burying her head in Jennie's neck when the elevator dings open.

"Do you wanna get ready for bed?" Jennie asks.

"Ok." Jisoo says quietly.

"You can use the bathroom in my bedroom upstairs."

It hurts Jennie to see Jisoo so anxious and stressed. She shouldn't have parents who make her feel as if she were gay, they wouldn't accept her. It just isn't right. She follows Jisoo upstairs and into her bedroom, then flops onto her bed, staring at the ceiling. She pulls out her phone to call the publicity team, and when she's done, she sees Jisoo standing in the doorway of her bathroom.

"How do you work the shower?" Jisoo asks shyly.

Jennie chuckles and follows Jisoo into the bathroom, and teaches her how to turn the shower on and off.

"Seriously, why do you have such a fancy shower? Why did you feel the need to add a giant touch screen, in your shower?" Jisoo says.

"I had some extra money to burn."

"Oh my god, all you rich people always doing such rich people things."

"You're just jealous because you don't have a giant touch screen in your shower. Don't worry, I'll buy you one someday. I got my shower guy on speed dial." Jennie teases.

Jisoo cringes at Jennie's words. "Aish, just get out, I need to shower." she laughs.

Jennie obeys, but not after wiggling her eyebrows at Jisoo, who just keeps rolling her eyes and yelling at Jennie to get out.

~~~

A/N: Thank you for 2k reads!!!  Being able to interact with people that read this book is honestly super fun, and I love seeing all your reactions lol.  Love you all!  Happy reading!