• Chapter Five •

En başından başla

"Where is he?" She demanded, her green eyes were glistening with tears and she raised a hand to hastily wipe them away but it was no use. Leon appeared around the corner and his face was filled with relief.

"Ah, sister, you've arrived," He walked forward, briefly hugging her, and then he smiled to her mate - who stood behind her, "Nice to see you again, Jasper." 

"Always a pleasure, Leon." Jasper nodded, his brown eyes filled with warmth. 

Deikota pushed herself from her brothers arms but before she could say something else, Leon stepped aside and she gasped. Her cheeks were instantly wet with streaming tears and she choked out a sob as she ran towards Leroy. 

Leroy caught her with a grunt and she collapsed in his embrace, her face nestled into his chest as she cried helplessly. The warriors took the opportunity to approach Jasper in the background and as they engaged in a conversation, Deikota lifted her head to look at Leroy.

"I can't believe this is real," She sniffled, "I-I thought--" She couldn't finish the sentence as another sob crawled its way up her throat. 

Leroy rubbed Deikota's arms, softly hushing her, "I know, Kota, I know. But its okay now, I'm alright." 

"No, it isn't okay!" She thumped his chest with her clenched fists, "Those monsters took you away from us. They are evil! Cruel! They left us with nothing.

"That's not true, we have each other now," Leroy murmured into her hair, "And we'll have our revenge, but let's enjoy this night and not let our hatred ruin it. Okay?" 

Deikota wiped her tears with her sweatshirt sleeve, "Okay," She leaned up and kissed his cheek, "I'm so happy you're alive. I love you, Le. You piggish jerk." 

Leroy chuckled as some of the other warriors did, too, "I love you, too. You short little french fry." 

His sister pulled away, "I am not short." 

"You are very short," Leroy mused, "Five foot three, to be exact." 

She rolled her eyes at him, muttering something incoherent. 

"So, you've found your mate?" 

"Oh," Deikota suddenly blushed, "Yeah. I met him a year after you were missing, he's Alpha Jasper of the Harrow Pack." 

"You're a Luna?" Leroy's eyebrows rose. 

Deikota's face lit up with a smirk, "Yep. I can finally kick your ass." 

They laughed, punching each others arms playfully, then Deikota finally introduced Jasper to her brother. Leroy reluctantly approved of Jasper with a very convincing speech from Leon, and the celebration was initiated. Everyone sat down in the dining hall and the steaming food waited to be devoured. 

"Where is Reeve?" Cassius frowned, checking under the table. Everyone shared confused looks. 

"I saw her outside," Elijah shrugged, "I don't think she likes to be around this many people." 

"You guys have a girl here?" Deikota's jaw dropped along with the napkin she'd been trying to neatly fold on her lap, "Where is she? Who is she? Why haven't I been told of this?!" 

Leon had to grab his sister's arm to keep her from leaving her chair, "Now, Kota, don't get too excited. Reeve has been here for a couple months but she's still learning how to be around people." 

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" West growled.

Asher scowled at the former Beta, "Reeve has changed. She isn't like that anymore."

"You morons aren't helping at all. Tell me who this girl is or I'll punch everyone in this room." Deikota growled, West and Asher sent daggers at each other across the table, but the other warriors chuckled at Deikota's threat.

"We can discuss this later," Leon interrupted the growing tension, "Reeve is the one who helped me find Leon. We're dropping the topic. Let's enjoy our meal." 

Cassius opened his mouth, ready to protest without Reeve joining them, but then he sighed deeply and reluctantly agreed. Everyone loaded their plates with delicious food and then they respectfully waited for their superiors to take their first bite. It was always tradition. 

Leroy forked some meat into his mouth, and his eyes closed in pleasure, "Fuck," He mumbled, "I forgot how great actual food tastes." 

Leon slapped his brother on the back before he took a bite and then everyone dug into their meal. The first few minutes were quiet besides the clanking of silverware against the glass plates, and then the room came alive with chatter. At one point, Cassius grabbed a second plate and he took it to Reeve on the front porch. 

Jasper tried to steal a piece of bread from Deikota's plate but she slapped his hand and then Leroy took the bread while she was busy scolding her mate. She gawked at Leroy before she threw a leaf of lettuce at him. Leroy stuck his tongue out, and Leon threw a few green beans into his brothers mouth. 

A mini food fight broke out between the three siblings as the warriors on-looked with amusement. It felt like the old days, when everything was okay and they didn't have a looming cloud of death trying to chase them. 

Nonetheless, everyone's hearts were light with joy and every worry was forgotten. Elijah tried to take a portion of cake that was almost the whole thing and Asher frowned at him while Cassius teased Asher; even Ralf grinned at one point. 

It was a night of great celebration. 

The Ferell family was finally reunited. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

This was incredibly hard to write. 

First impression of Deikota?

Ya'll are in for a surprise with the next chapter. *winks*

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

--  1519 words --