do you think i fucked up?

Start from the beginning

as time went on, more and more students came walking inside the classroom. just as the bell was about to ring, a girl with dyed dark red hair. her head down low. "y/n y/l/n you're almost late. but glad that you finally showed up." mr. mcclane spoke to her. mike's head shot up at the girl. was it really y/n?

"sorry," she said in a timid tone. she walked past mike, feeling everyone's eyes on her. hearing some whispered rumors as well.

"i heard she tried to run away without anyone knowing, see that's why her hair is dyed." a voice spoke. y/n sat at her usual seat. behind mike.

"after the incident at lunch, i heard she tried to kill him. that's why she hasn't been at school." another spoke. y/n sank in her seat. she's already tired of the low whispers and the glares she has been receiving.

mike turned around and looked at y/n. "where have you been? we legit been looking for you."

"well keep looking. the old y/n isn't here," she said, staring back at those soft brown eyes that held much comfort turning into hurt.

"y/n..." mike said in a hushed tone. "i care about you, please. are you alright?"

"mike, i'll talk to you later," she replied, her eyes now glued on the lesson.

-

"guys i swear i saw her! and now she has red hair!" mike exclaimed.

"who has third period with her?" beverly asked looking at the other three boys.

"fuck, she has it with bill." richie spoke, groaning from frustration.

"how do you exactly know?" stan asked with a raised brow.

"well, bill kept gushing over that fact she was in the same class this year. so that's how. plus y/n told me awhile ago." richie explained.

"well one of us should stay outside the door to see what happens." beverly said looking at her friends. "any volunteers?" she asked.

"not me, bill and i are still not on good terms." stanley shrugged as he spoke.

"also not me, you know my grandpa would flip if i skip a period. since i basically begged him to come here, i have to be perfect." mike explained. earning some understanding nods from his friends.

"how about richie does it?" beverly asked, glancing at the raven-haired boy.

"and why me?" he asked with a raised brow.

"you barely care about school," beverly explained.

"ugh fine. i think you're overreacting though. bill wouldn't do anything then look at her."

"but still just go." stan said, pushing him away towards y/n's next class.

-

the bell rang, and a girl with red hair walked past him. he knew it was y/n. right before she walked in, richie held onto her wrist. pulling him towards him. a yelp left y/n's lips.

"why haven't you answered my calls? how come you didn't come to school? are you okay? and out of all colors why red?" richie questioned, his eyebrows furrowed as he did so.

"well thanks for overflowing me with questions mom." y/n said rolling her eyes. "i didn't answer your calls because i'm giving you guys space, remember? plus i have been hanging around vick since he was able to come home for a little bit. it was also vick's idea to change my hair color. also, i'm fine richie, okay? just stop overreacting. now i'm going to class now, goodbye." she said pulling her wrist from richie's hold, walking into her classroom.

richie peaked into the doorframe, seeing bill's reaction to the new look. he had also seen y/n talking to the teacher, so richie made an awkward bird call. signaling for bill to come outside. his friend looked at him with so much confusion and annoyance. bill then looked over at his teacher.

"mr. byers, c-can i uh go to the b-bathroom." bill asked, his blue eyes not leaving his teacher.

"of course, go take the pass." mr. byers spoke, then continued to talk to y/n. probably filling her in on what they were doing for the past two and a half weeks.

bill got up from his seat, making his way towards the door. not without grabbing the pass that was hanging near the doorframe. "w-what the fuck do you want?" he whispered yelled at richie.

"i came to see y/n, so are you going to talk to her?" richie asked, a brow raised.

bill groaned at his friend. "what s-she did wasn't right." he exclaimed, his arms crossed over his chest. "if we're g-going to talk, let's start w-walking so it looks like i'm going to the bathroom."

the two both started walking. "you know, she didn't know about your feelings until that day you yelled at her. you didn't even let her talk." the raven-haired boy spoke. "you have to remember, you agreed on fake dating."

"i...i know i agreed. i j-just thought it wouldn't hurt t-this much." bill replied, looking at the faded colored tiles the school had to offer. "do you think i fucked up?"

"probably."

tan's thoughts:
y'all red hair looks good on anybody and everybody! so don't trip abt it, n yeah if you have dark hair, you obviously used bleach n whatnot. just thought i'd say that