"What?" I ask.

"Wow...you really do like him," he stands up and lets out a cold laugh. I watch him put both of his hands on the back of his head and rub it. "I should've saw it coming. It was so obvious."

"DeMar I don't like him like that. How could you say that?" I stand up. He turns around and faces me.

"Then why are you crying?"

"You act like I didn't know a single thing about him. He was my partner in class. I spent all of those basketball games with him. I may have not knew him like you did, but I knew a little something about him."

I couldn't believe he was acting like this. He was acting as if I was I was in love with Davian even though I never saw him like that.

DeMar shakes his head. He puts his hands on the back of his seat and rocks himself. He is heated. "I think you should go."

I raise my eyebrows, "DeMar-"

"Ella, I'm being serious."

"Well I'm being serious, too. I'm not leaving until I know you are okay."

"I'm fine," he says.

"No you're not," I say and stand up. I walk over to him and place my hand on his shoulder. He shoves my hand off of him and leans away from me.

"Leave me alone, Ella," he spits. "Goddamn."

"I'm not leaving," I repeat.

"Leave!" He wrestles my hands off of him.

"Stop, Rozan," I say.

"I don't want to hurt you, but you're making me mad," he says. He loosens his grip on my wrist although they were never tight. He wasn't hurting me.

"Rozan."

"Just leave me alone, please," he says and begins to cry. I immediately wrap my arms around him and he lets me. He sobs in my shoulder and I feel my own heart break. I have never knew he was capable of crying so hard, and it just broke my heart. Tears formed in my eyes while I held the weak body of his.

-

A week has passed since Davian's death. Nothing was normal. DeMar didn't even get to meet my family because of what happened. He was still heart broken.

Today was New Years Eve and it was also Davian's funeral. I was waiting for DeMar to give me a call since we would be riding together. However, he hadn't texted me all morning. I called his cell one more time and it went to voicemail.

Haro stared at me as I sighed, "Are you okay?"

I look back at him and shake my head. He has a black tie on with a gray long-sleeved button up shirt. His hair was in his usual muffin top with a fresh taper fade. He would be going to the funeral as well.

"Isa, what's wrong?"

I shrug, "DeMar isn't answering."

"The funeral is an hour."

"I know. Him and I were supposed to ride with each other."

Haro stares at me, "You guys been arguing right?"

"Yeah. He's been so out of it. Davian and him were bestfriends and he lost him so he's just so broken. He hates when I'm with him. I've only gone to his house every other day this week and would literally spend an hour there."

"Maybe he doesn't want you to see him like that," he suggests.

I sigh, "I need to go over there and just pick him up."