one

Isabella

"If it isn't the famous Bella," Jordin teased as she neared my locker. I groaned.

I hated being called 'Bella.' I had no specific reason; I just didn't like it.

"Ugh, don't call me that, J," I said and slammed my locker. Reggie chuckled and swung his arm around Jordin. They weren't dating apparently, but I knew he was all heart eyes for her. They were always touching or hitting each other but it doesn't really ever bother me. If they were to date, I just hoped they wouldn't become those cringy and clingy couples.

I grabbed my folder and stuffed it into my bag. "I'm going to class."

"Where's your binder?" Reggie furrowed his eyebrows.

"In my locker."

"Oh snap, are you ditching your binder and becoming a baddie-baddie?" He smirked.

I chuckled, "You're so stupid, I'll see you two lovebirds later." I winked and waved off. Reggie held a straight face while Jordin smacked my shoulder. I smiled harder.

I headed towards my economics class and quickly sat down at an empty group table of four. I already disliked this class because of the way the desks were set up. Who the hell likes sitting in groups and talking?

I watched as more kids came twaddling in. The first day of the last year had to be the most dreadful but exciting day.

The final bell rang and Mr. Hudd went over to the door to shut it but it was forced opened. A late student arrived with headphones in his ears, DeMar. Well I'll be damned, this perfect student athlete is about to get his first tardy.

His jaw was clenched and his eyes were dark. He sat down in front of me and threw his bag onto the floor. Big boy was pissed. The class drew silent, but then Mr. Hudd started talking and everyone else's attention drew away from DeMar.

The only time I ever talked to him was when I'd have to write a journal entry on him. He took his headphones off and stuffed them into his black bag. He adjusted his black Nike hoodie and looked at me. Instead of averting my eyes, I stared back at him. He squinted his eyes and then huffed and turned away.

What a good article this could be, Best Student Athlete Gets Heated On The First Day. You know us journalists, we like to twist up the story.

"Alright, welcome to Economics, the hardest class on campus. One more year to prove to the district that you guys are not a bunch of morons." Mr. Hudd said.

"What's your name?" DeMar whispered making me snap my head in his direction.

"What's yours?" I rose my eyebrow causing him to chuckle.

"I'm sure you know it, and I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging," he said. Humble, but yet that still didn't sound so humble. "But you always interviewed me for the news for the basketball team. I never caught it."

I smirked, "Sure did, DeMar, but I'm not giving you my name."

"Why not?" He furrowed his eyebrows. Maybe because you don't really need it or because you cussed me out when I asked you a question after a tough loss.

"You don't need it," I shrugged.

"Well, we sit together so we might as well work together." DeMar seemed incredibly confused. I kind of enjoyed seeing him lost but I didn't really like talking to him. When I hold a grudge, I have no intention of losing it.

"It's Economics, you don't work together, idiot."

He rose his eyebrows once more at my choice of words. "Fine, Imma call you Bear, you look like a teddy bear." He smiled, his light brown eyes glistening.