3. The Art of Teasing

"Alright everyone, stop fooling and assemble yourselves for warm-up." Zi xuan called out to all the team members in a stern, no nonsense voice. The gymnasium floor screeched at the movement of trainers.

Xia Yu Hao along with the pair of brothers entered the door to the volleyball court. Yu Hao's eyes full of curiosity, searching for the face that belonged to that voice. He could listen to that voice all day long and not get tired. Wang Zhen Wu and Wang Zhen Wen exchanging secret smiles between them as if they had a language of their own which only they could understand. Xia Yu Hao was happy for the two of them. They were working out things between them.......finally!!!

When Wang Zhen Wen had confessed his feelings for his elder step brother to Xia Yu Hao, he was speechless. He had no comeback whatsoever. But at the same time he felt relieved that he wasn't the only weird one in their group. He could sympathise with Wang Zhen Wen. How could he judge his friend when he was in a similar situation.

At that time he had realised that he had feelings for Zi xuan. They were on the roof top when Wang Zhen Wen had dropped the bomb. Zi xuan was present too and Yu Hao couldn't bring himself to look into those eyes. But Zi xuan had been totally understanding. He had patiently listened to Wang Zhen Wen without a judgemental bone in his body. Yu Hao had known then, that maybe there was still a sliver of hope for him. This thought had made him confess his feelings to Zi Xuan.

Xia Yu Hao rolled his eyes at the pair next to him. Looking at them so happy together he wished he could have his happy ending with Zi Xuan as well.

"Do you guys need a special invitation?" Zi xuan shouted at the trio. The three friends fastened their steps and made their way towards the team.

The Zi Xuan standing before him was completely different from the guy who had turned beet red in embarrassment on the rooftop. He looked so serious, nobody would dare to mess with him right now. He was the manager of their team after all. Xia yu Hao felt his heart clench when he thought about Zi Xuan's knee injury. It was disheartening to see such a talented player not being able to play anymore. He had been the best spiker for their team, two years in a row. Because of him they had been able to make it into the top four teams.

Along with Cheng En, Zi Xuan's dream was to make it to the top two and win this year's school league championship. It was their last chance before they passed out from school. Xia yu Hao released a heavy breath and thought to himself, "I will strive hard to make this dream come true. Not for anyone but for this volleyball geek whom he loved dearly."

Zi Xuan clapped his hands together, "OK get in pairs of two and start warming up. We have to sincerely start practising if we want to beat the team of Ren He High School. We need to hone our skills much more in order to be able to break their impregnable fortress like blocking skills.

"Yes.......Senior." chorused the team together before getting in pairs of two.

After the warm up's were done the boys started practising with the volleyball in pairs. They were told to practise the net blocking technique where one player stands near the net and throws the ball in the air. The other player spikes the ball over the net simultaneously as the ball is thrown into the air.

Although Xia Yu Hao was practising, his eyes never left the tall frame. Qiu Zi Xuan hadn't looked at him once during the practise sessions. He wondered if he could walk up to Zi Xuan and ask him why he was ignoring him. He knew he was being childish, but he couldn't imagine how someone could just kiss and forget the other person's existence at their next encounter. He wanted to call out the name of this geek only to see if Zi Xuan would spare a glance his way.

Xia Yu Hao was tired and his jersey was soaked in sweat. He huffed as he made his way to the water stand at the far corner. He took a swig from his bottle and waited to catch his breath. He went on to take another swig only to be stopped by a strong hand on his. He was startled and turned his head side ways to see who it was. A smiley Zi Xuan looked back at him, "Thirsty?..........Drink this." He handed Xia yu Hao a tin can of energy drink. Pouting, Yu Hao turned himself to look Zi Xuan straight in the eyes.