6.

Sapphire

1 Week Later

"Alright class settle down, today we will learn how to use the color wheel, and how to tell whether a color is cold or warm." School had finally let back in after the weather cleared up, things were back to normal and me and Zane may or may not have formed something unexpected.

"Miss Gay, how can a color be cold? It's not a human?" My student Timothy asked.

Sometimes I have to remember what grade I'm teaching and remind myself that their kids. And they say the funniest things!

"Well the colors are based on what they remind us of, for example red and orange gives us warm colors because of the sun where as blue gives us winter views which makes it a cool color." I said smiling

"Oooooooooh, I like that" I loved this job so much, it warmed my heart to walk in here everyday just to hear things like this.

I feel as a teacher we should try and learn our students likes and dislikes just to see how much we can connect with them to make the teaching environment easier you know?

" Ok kids grab the paints and brushes from your assigned cubby's and lets get started." I was going to make today a fun relaxing day!

———————————————— 🍀

Ok maybe I lied, today was a complete disaster.

    "Yeah mom I got it, I'm listening what else happened?"   While she was rabbling I was focused on getting paint off my favorite "YSL" pumps that was a gift from Sage, like I said I had to remember and remind myself I taught babies and not high school young adults.

   "Your sister has lost her every lasting mind Sapp, she had to go her and that boy can do whatever they please and I'll be there for her in a distance, Omari's is running me crazy and I'm DONE"

"You hear me, done!" I couldn't help but mentally roll my eyes, I felt like my mom always favored my other 3 siblings from me and Sage which is why everything she did nowadays back fired on her, she literally let them heffas do whatever they had pleased.

"Yeah ma I heard you....... GOT IT" Meanwhile I had finally scrubbed the paint off my pumps, thought I was going to have to cry to Sage about this one.

"Got what Sapp? You know what call me tomorrow before I tell you something unchristian like wantch, love you" My mom clearly had enough of me not listening to her.

" Yeah ma I hear you, love you too" I quickly hung up, and threw my phone on the bed, school started back up on a Friday due to all the harsh weather and I was off hallelujah, I need a massage, a cooked meal, and retail therapy. 🌸

I started to think about Zane and what he was doing while I was trying to get my life together before tonight's festivities.

———————————————

Zane

"So you mean to tell me your nigga wants to meet me , your kidding me right?" Here I was at Chili's in the middle of some bullshit with Blaine's mother, and to be real I was about a bullet away from offing shawty, I was just thinking about how bad my child would hate me.

"Zane he just wants to meet you in hopes you'll feel comfortable enough to let Blaine around, that's all I'm practically begging you to see a child I carried"
She replied, but in all honesty I think the bitch nuts. You have him up and now he's six and god done talked you into becoming a mother? Foh