Chapter 2

"I think she's missed you," I commented, watching Hayley feed Hope as we sat on the porch in the rocking chairs.

"You think she remembers me enough to miss me?" Hayley asked, looking over at me.

"Of course she does. Every child knows their mother, just like every mother knows her child."

"How was she the past six months?"

"She was an angel. Lots of smiles and laughs. Of course, it helps that she's got such an amazing auntie."

"And an amazing godmother," she reminded.

"Yes, that too," I chuckled.

***

"Hey, I need to get a few things from the store, so I'm gonna make a trip into town," I announced, coming down the stairs and stopping in the entry of the living room.

"Okay. Would you mind getting more diapers and formula? We're running low," Rebekah asked and I nodded.

"Nik, maybe you could come with me?" I suggested, eyebrows raised. "I can show you a bit of the town while we're out."

"Sure." A confused look crossed his face as he grabbed his keys, following me out the door. "So where am I going?" He questioned as we came to a stop sign.

"Take a left." We drove for a few miles before we hit the nearest town. It was small, only a few shops. It was the kind of town where everyone knew each other and their secrets. "This one here," I told him and he pulled into a parking spot outside the store.

"This is a town?" Nik asked as we made our way inside.

"Yeah, technically. There's only, like, two hundred people who live here, though," I shrugged, sending the woman at the registers a small smile.

"I don't like it," he huffed, following behind as I turned down the aisle with the diapers and the other baby items.

"Well, that's good to know. I guess we'll be living in the city rather than a small town when we have kids of our own."

"We can live wherever you want, kitten," he replied, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and pressing his lips to my shoulder.

"And listen to you complain about living in a small town? No."

"It's not that I don't like small towns, I just don't like ones with less than a thousand people." I handed the diapers to him before walking off to get the rest of the items I needed. After finding everything, we made our way up to the cash register. The woman eyed Nik cautiously, slowly ringing up our items.

"Have a great day," I told her, Nik grabbing the bags. As soon as we got to the car, I started to laugh.

"What?"

"She did not like you," I chuckled with a shake of my head.

"Really?" He asked, putting the bags in the trunk.

"Didn't you see the way she was looking at you?"

He shrugged, "I only have eyes for you, my love." I rolled my eyes, chuckling again as we got into the car. We had only gotten a mile outside of town when I told Nik to pull over. He did, a confused look crossing his face once more. Before he could open his mouth to ask why, I had pulled him closer, pressing my lips to his. Unbuckling my seatbelt, I climbed across the console to straddle him, my lips still on his. "Is this why you wanted me to come with?" Nik muttered against my lips, his hands traveling up my shirt.

"Yes," I replied quickly, pulling away to take my shirt off. My head fell back slightly as Nik attached his lips to my neck. "We should move this to the backseat." Nik pulled away and I used that opportunity to climb off of him and into the backseat. Nik followed, tugging his jacket off.

"Sex in the backseat of a car. Been a long time since we've done this," Nik commented, his eyes raking down my chest.

"Shut up and take this off," I growled, pulling on his shirt. He quickly pulled it over his head, throwing it into the trunk before reattaching his lips to mine. As I got to work on unbuttoning his jeans, his hands slid around to my back, unhooking my bra. A moan escaped my lips as Nik trailed kisses down my chest, nipping at the skin as he went. Nik stopped at the waistband of my pants, pressing a light kiss to my hipbone. Seeing the smirk forming on his face, I knew he was up to no good. "Nik," I warned as he tugged on my pants, slowly pulling them down my legs. "It has been six months since we've had sex. If you dare drag this out, I will murder you." He chuckled, pressing his lips to the inside of my thigh. I attempted to pull him back up so we'd be face-to-face, but he grabbed onto my wrists, holding them down with one hand and ripping my underwear off with the other. "You owe me a new pair of underwear."

"Noted."

Just an FYI, this is pretty much the only sexy time you guys are gonna get between Nik and Ellie. There will be one more later on, but it will be brief.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2018.