Chapter 7

Sorry for not updating yesterday I got very busy but dont worry ill try to upload more chapters today!

(Genos POV)

My brother was arguing with me again Like usual but that's what brothers do. Then we all jumped at a knock at the door My dad gave a confused look at my mom "Boys go upstairs please" he said firmly giving a tone meaning dont argue about it after looking through the peep hole on the door I grabbed My brother and we walked up the stairs neither of us protested  listening to the door open we sat at the top of the stairs.

"hello sorry to bother you But Your sons and your self are required to fight for the crown." said a hushed voice I could hear my mom gasp "But there to young-" "im sorry mam but it has to be done Unless they have a critical injury then they must go its treason not to." "How long do we have?" i heard my father whisper  "About a week we will send officers to get you." then the door shut quietly .

Later that night i could hear my mom crying last night My brother was confused but i told him not to worry about it he slept soundly that night but i couldnt say the same.

We watched the ducks swim on the lake Tomorrow is our last day I felt nervousness grow with each second of course My brother was oblivious Who just chased the ducks around i smiled softly watching him smile with out a care in the world It was a amazing day outside it almost seemed criminal since the events that will happen tomorrow What will mom do with out the three of us? i wonderd. Then My world would be flipped.

Next thing i know im lying in a pool of blood gasping for air Staring up at the blue sky I herd My brother shriek something to me and heard his footsteps slowly vanish i couldn't rember what happens I blacked out. The painfully blue sky seemed so vast not even a cloud was seen in it But then my vision started getting more hazy and i passed out.

I awoke to a sound Of my mother humming And opend My eyes her eye sockets where very tierd and she looked like she had bin crying she was patting my head soothingly when she saw me awake she gasped and pulled me in a hug "Im so glad your okay." she whispered hugging me tightly.

I later found out that I had bin attacked and i have no memory of it for some reason but then i have a slight slash mark on my ribs but its just a scar barley noticeable unless ur looking for it. How ever I stayed home and never got sent to fight because of my condition i tried protesting wanting to protect My younger brother  I hadnt seen him and father in days but soon days turned to months and months turned to years.

I washed The dishes For my mother while she dusted around the house humming a happy tune They where supposed to be coming home soon its bin about a years since they left I never got to say good bye but at least now ill be able to see them I smiled at the thought scrubbing a plate clean "i cant wait" i muttered Then a knock rang in to the house My mother stopped humming And walked over dropping the duster on a table and opend the door. I watched her face drop and she sunk to the ground in tears I ran over kneeling beside her and looked to the door on what gave her a reaction and saw two  Kings guards both solemn looks on the faces "Im so sorry for your loss" they said My brothers Red scarf in there hands.