Chapter 3

(Reapers POV)

My tale begins like this.

I tugged at the collar of the stuffy dress shirt Huffing and puffing "Reaper Its required stop sulking" my father said sternly giving me a warning look I rolled My eyes when my parents turned away.

I started  following my parents  In to this glass elegant Looking building every kingdom thats near by is required to go, its the biggest event of the year.

I glanced and saw other kingdoms where already waiting each king had a queen by there side along with there children some looked mean but others looked friendly I saw a child wearing with yellow eyes that had a pleasant smile on his face both parents shared that look I noticed there was a empty chair beside them, who was supposed to be there? I noticed i was falling behind and Sped up My pace to keep up. We rounded the circle of chairs to our place it had our kingdom colors. I took my place folding my hands In my lap "Reaper! sit up straight" my father whisper yelled at me.

soon the Other kingdom arrived And the conversation started when It came to more serious topics They told us children to go in to another room I went to get up but when my mother grabbed my arm "Remember dont tell them anything to important" she said in a hushed voice to me.

leaving I followed My assigned guard and they shut the door Leaving all of us in awkward silence. No one Dared to say a word instead we all looked at each other curiously A few talked with each other but for us children whos parents where at war it was difficult, being pretty anti social I walked to the edge of the room where it was less crowded By future kings and queens I studied people trying to piece there story's together. I saw the one who only showed up with a Queen he had one red eye and a white eye with a faint scratch on his cheek i wonder what happend to his father? I wonder what its like to not have a father. Huh must be pretty hard I thought looking at him I Jumped when someone greeted me "Hi! im Dream!" he spoke rather cheerfully and seemed to radiate positiveness and happiness I looked at him afarid on what to say some kids looked at us waiting to see my reaction Dream waited patiently for a answer hand stretched out. I didn't want to be rude so.. "hello Im reaper." i said quietly shaking his hand shyly "it seemed like everyone let out a relived breath and then continued there chats even the One who seemed glitchy and even more anti social then me staring chatting to one with funky looking eyes. "Its nice to meet you what kingdom are you from?" he asked  I returned my attention back to him "huh? oh my apologies Im from North" "really?" dream said puzzled look on his face briefly but then he came back with a smile "Thats cool, I hope we can be friends" he said.

But only if he new.

My guard burst through the door first grabbing my arm tugging me away from dream who had a shocked face all the kids did and they saw there own guards "whats going on? h-hey! that hurts" it felt like he was breaking My bone I winced with each second My parents where by the carriage angered looks on there face My mother who rarely showed that side of her self But now she resembled closely to a oncoming storm frightening and Unpredictable.