"My parents are downst-" He stops speaking as I hear his footsteps come closer to me, "Are you okay?" He bends down and grabs onto my hands while bringing it up to his eye level but I quickly pull them away, "I'm fine." He sighs and stands up, "Go freshen up and come downstairs, we are going out for supper."

I wait for him to leave and then I stand up with the help of holding the bed, my legs feel really weak and my back is still bruised up from the day I slept on the floor. I walk downstairs to the second floor almost tripping on my way down, "Be careful!" A hand tries to grab mine but I immediately pull away, "I don't need your help Dante."

I arrive in my room and it was smelling a bit damp, I have a quick shower and dress into a mesh cream V-neck dress and gold gladiator sandals.

I dress my wounds and take off  downstairs to have a nightmare dinner in a 5-star restaurant but soon I come to a halt when I spot Dante and Veronica standing next to each other and matching

I dress my wounds and take off downstairs to have a nightmare dinner in a 5-star restaurant but soon I come to a halt when I spot Dante and Veronica standing next to each other and matching. Dante wore a royal blue suit and Veronica wore a royal blue dress. A pain rain through my veins, no I was not jealous but probably because they look more like a couple than Danta and I do.

"Looks like Barbie has arrived

"Looks like Barbie has arrived." Veronica rolls her eyes at me, I'm barbie? This girl really has humor. Dante looks up and his eyes strangely runs down my body, "my parents have already left, we need to meet them at the restaurant." He spits out. I guess his parents already know about Veronica and that's why she is tagging along.... More like I am tagging along.
He grabs onto Veronica's hand as they both walk out of the house with me trailing behind them.

The whole ride felt like I was third wheeling even though my husband is the one sitting in the driver's seat. Veronica been Veronica decided to to let her hands wonder off onto Dante's thighs and this had me puking inside my mouth. Soon, we finally arrived at a fancy 5-Star restaurant, cliché. All three of us walk towards the enterance where Giulia and Alberto stood.

Giulia, Dante's mother walks towards us with open arms but walks straight past me, hugging Veronica, "Oh darling, I missed you so much and look how beautiful you are! Oh wow, I love that dress!" Giulia says while she admires Veronica's dress, "Oh mummy, I missed you as well." Veronica gives her an air kiss and taps her on her back. I'm supposed to call her Mrs. Romano while Veronica gets to call her mummy dearest. I roll my eyes as Alberto also ignores me and walks towards Veronica and Dante. I stand next to them looking at my nails waiting for them to finish they little chit chat, "Let's all head inside, my friend Marco will be joining us soon." Alberto says as we all walk into the restaurant with me following behind them like a lost puppy.

We sit at a reserved table while I sit next on Dante's right while Veronica sat on his left and no one sat towards my right.

I look down, looking at my hands as everybody leaves me out of they conversation but something I do notice is that Dante doesn't engage in most of the conversations but he just drowns out into space. The waiter soon comes and takes down everybody's order and when he gets to me, I am stopped, "Oh no! Thank you we not going to pay for her order if she wants to order then take it down separately." Giulia says as she gives off a fake smile.

I look at the waiter, embarrassed, "It's fine I won't-" Dante stops me mid sentence, "Order what you want, I am the one who is paying and no one else." he says, passing a remark to his step-mother, looking deep into my eyes but I snap my gaze to the waiter, "Glass of water, please." I smile at him and he nods, the only reason I never order food is because I don't want to rely on this man and I also forgot my purse at home.

"Oh my! Violet, you want to play the simpity card." She gives me a shocked face and carries on, "Remember this is a fake marriage and you can't fool Dante li-" Before she could continue a man disturbs her. "Hello guys." I look up as I see a man in his late 40s, he smiles and immediately Alberto stands up to give him a hug and Giulia gives her hand for him to kiss, "Beautiful, as always." He says as he looks at Dante and I, "So, this is the newly weds." He shakes Danta's hand and kisses mine, "Oh, you are really very beautiful, my lady." He takes the only empty seat which is next to me.

"Marco, meet Dante's beautiful soon to be wife after he divorces this." Giulia tries to introduce Veronica but he ignores her, "I'm Marco, my beautiful." He puts his hand on my leg and I quickly move away but bump into Dante's arm, "What are you-? " He stops when he notices Marco's hand, which is set on my thigh. Dante coughs and knocks down his fork, "Violet, please pick that up for me." I move away from Marco, leaning down, grabbing the fork, "Move your chair closer to mine." Dante whispers into my ear. I swift closer to his side and soon the food comes while Marco orders what he wants. Everybody is eating except me.

Soon, Marco's food arrives and he uses both hands to devour his steak so I'm happy. I sit quietly, sipping onto my water but eventually chock when his hands slips under my dress. I jump a bit and once again hit Dante's hand and he glares at me but I was to busy trying to pull Marco's hand off my thigh but he simply applies more pressure and it is starting to really hurt. Soon, a bruise will form.

He eventually puts his hand on my virginal area and that's when I stand up, "Um, Excuse me I need the washroom." I walk away but limp when no one's in the sight because of the burning sensation on my thigh.

I walk into the ladies bathroom and let the tears slip, I was getting harassed out there and no one noticed or did anything, is this what my married life has come to! The door opens and I look to see who it is and my breath hitches in my throat.

"Marco."