Chapter 17: Hilarious

It had been a month since your accident. Jensen was already back to normal, but you were still pretty beat up. You had a cast on your right leg and three broken ribs. You know also had a long horizontal scar across your abdomen where they did surgery to stop the internal bleeding. You still ached with every move. Jensen tried his best to help you, and it killed him that he couldn't take the pain away.

"What would you like to eat, sweetheart?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm okay." You replied.

"Baby, you have to eat." He said.

"I'll eat whatever your gonna eat." You said with a fake smile.

He fixed you both some soup and helped you get situated on the couch.

"Thanks for staying home with me," You said as he brought you your soup.

"Of course, baby." He smiled, grabbing his bowl and sitting next to you.

"When are you going back to work?" You asked, blowing on the hot liquid.

"I'm supposed to go back in a couple of days. I will see if they will give me just a few more days off until you are back on your feet." He replied.

"Jensen, don't worry about me. I think I'm gonna work on my writing a little more this week, so that will keep me busy." You persuaded.

"I may have to get you one of those Life Alert necklaces in case you fall and can't get back up," He laughed, making light of the situation.

"Very funny," You said, trying not to smile.

"I'm hilarious and you know it." He said, taking another bite.