n i n e

"Honey, I'm home!" Kasey yelled out as she walked into the front door of Jensen's house. He quickly came around the corner with a huge smile on his face. Before Kasey could say anything else, Jensen grabbed her cheeks and brought her in for a kiss. 

"I missed you," Kasey said as she pulled away, placing her forehead against his chest. 

"I missed you way more," Jensen chuckled as he took her bags and placed them on the counter. "Are you hungry?

"Starving," Kasey said honestly. 

"Good. I made some baked pasta," Jensen said, taking her hand and pulling her into the kitchen. 

"It smells delicious," Kasey said as she took a seat at the bar as Jensen made them both a plate. 

"Wine?" Jensen asked as he sat down her plate in front of her. 

"Please," Kasey smiled as Jensen happily poured them a glass before taking a seat next to her. 

"This is so good," Kasey said with half of her mouth full. Jensen laughed, glad that she liked it. They both enjoyed their meal and company, just glad they were back together. 

"Can I ask a question?" Kasey asked as she sipped on her wine. 

"Of course," Jensen replied, curious of what she might ask. 

"Why were you staying in a hotel when you live close enough to drive to set?" She asked. 

"When we film several days in a row, I just like to stay a couple of blocks away. I don't like to commute back and forth for an hour each way," He answered honestly. Kasey nodded her head in understanding, finishing her pasta. 

Kasey gathered the dishes once they were finished and cleaned up. Jensen tried to convince her that she didn't have to clean the kitchen, but he soon lost that battle and headed up to take a shower. She enjoyed the quiet time and it helped her become familiar with the area. 

Once she was finished, she laid down on the couch and put on Netflix for background noise. Without meaning to, she snuggled up to the couch and fell asleep. 

Kasey woke up to a pair of arms being wrapped around her as she was lifted into the air. 

"What?" Kasey tried as she opened her eyes and held out her arms, afraid of falling. 

"Shh. I'm just taking you to bed," Jensen said as he smiled down at her. 

"I can walk," She tried again. 

"And I can carry you," He said as he walked up the stairs. She didn't protest anymore. Instead, she just closed her eyes and smiled. He placed her down gently onto the bed and turned off the light before he crawled in beside her. 

"Sweet dreams," He said as he laid his arm over her waist and closed his eyes. 

"Goodnight," She said as she got comfortable and smiled softly, enjoying that they were finally together. 

The next time Kasey woke up, it was to the sound of Jensen's alarm. She laid there for a minute or two, hoping he would reach over and silence the sound. He continued to snore and she shook his arm, trying to wake him up. Still, without any luck, she rolled over and laid across Jensen to reach his phone on the bedside table. She finally was able to turn off the alarm and let out a huff as she plopped back into her spot on the bed. He chuckled as he rolled over to face her, now halfway awake.

"Morning." She grumbled as she kicked off her blankets and made her way to the bathroom.

"Not a morning person?" He laughed as he also rose from the bed.

"Not really." She grinned before she started brushing her teeth.

"I'm gonna have to spend a few hours on set today. You can hang out here or go look around Vancouver." He said.

"Thanks for the permission." She teased as he just rolled her eyes. "I've got some editing project I need to work on today." She said as she spit into the sink and wiped her mouth. "Also, my landlord called and asked if I got all of my things because he already found a replacement," She smiled as she hopped on the bathroom counter and watched Jensen fix his hair. 

"No backing out now." He chuckled. 

A few minutes later and he was dressed and ready to leave. He kissed her goodbye before he walked out the door. Kasey made up the bed and finished getting dressed before finding a comfortable spot on the couch to work.

She decided to call her parents as she worked and explain all of the new changes in her life. Just as expected, she was very surprised. After a long lecture, Kasey assured them that she was safe and content. Neither of her parents knew who Jensen was in the first place but overall supported her if she was happy. 

Several hours later, Kasey noticed that it was almost time for Jensen to come home. She finished her work and scanned the kitchen for dinner ideas. After a quick glance at the pantry, she decided on tacos. 

As diner cooked, she set the table and placed drinks out for the both of them. She played music through the Alexa on the counter and danced around the kitchen to her favorite songs. She made sure to keep a close watch on the food, not wanting to ruin the first meal she ever cooked for him. 

She heard Jensen's truck pull into the drive as she took the food off the stove and placed it on the table. She quickly turned off the music and made sure everything was set. 

"I'm home!" Jensen said from the back door as he started walking into the house.

"I'm in here!" She called from the dining area.

"Wow." He said as he took off his coat and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you. I am starving."

"It's just dinner." She said as they both took a seat. 

"I love tacos." He said with a full mouth as they both chuckled.