f i v e

"What did you get?" Kasey asked as she let Jensen into the hotel room. He had just gotten back from filming all day with several bags in his arms. 

"Things to make you dinner." He replied with a smile.

"You didn't have to-" Kasey tried.

"But I wanted to." He said after he cut her off. "I've been thinking." He started as he began to unload groceries from the bags and lay them on the counter. 

"About?" She asked. 

"Maybe we should be official?" 

"Should I wait and see how your cooking skills are first?" Kasey joked. 

"I will have you know, I am an excellent cook." He acted offended. 

"Well, in that case. I would love to be your girlfriend." She smiled.

"Really?" Jensen stopped to look at her. 

"Yes," Kasey laughed. 

"That was way easier than I thought it was gonna be," He chuckled. "Hungry?" 

"Starving," She said with a sigh.

"How does spaghetti sound?" He asked looking at her, holding up a pack of noodles.

"Delicious," Kasey said before jumping up onto the counter.

He turned towards the stove and grabbed a pot from underneath the counter. He added the noodles to the water and began the sauce. Once everything began to heat up, he backed up between her dangling legs. They just sat silently like that for a few long seconds before she started playing with his hair.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a laugh that made her smile.

"Fixing your hair." She laughed.

He tried to walk away but she wrapped her legs around him. "Let me go!" He yelled jokingly.

"Never!" She said laughing.

"You know what?" He said as he grabbed her legs.

"What are you doing, Jensen?" Kasey laughed trying to get her legs back.

"Payback." He chuckled before getting a tighter grip on her legs. With one swift motion, he started running into the main area with her on his back. She grabbed onto his shoulders and tried to hang on. Neither of them could control their laughter. 

"Jensen put me down!" She yelled.

"Never!" He screamed out as he started to spin in circles in the middle of the room. They both hobbled over onto the couch from getting dizzy. Kasey's stomach started to cramp from laughing so much. 

"Now, next time I say 'let me go' will you?" He said looking down at her with a mischievous smile.

"Probably not," She said tilting her head with puckered lips.

"What?" He said grabbing her shoulders and smiling.

"No." She said chuckling, waiting for what he was about to do. He grabbed her by the sides and began tickling, sending Kasey into spasms of trying to get away. 

"Jensen, quit!" Kasey screamed as she tried to escape.

"Not until you say that you will let me go next time!" He said as he continued to tickle her. 

"Okay! Okay!" She screamed.

"Okay, what?" He asked smirking.

"I'll let you go next time!" She said as he stopped tickling her.

"Just kidding," He smiled. "Never let me go," 

After dinner, Kasey went and changed into her pajamas and Jensen cleaned up the kitchen. Although he wouldn't admit it, Kasey could tell that Jensen was tired from his long day. When she walked out of the bathroom, Jensen was placing his pillow and blanket back on the couch?

"Want me to take the couch?" Kasey asked in a sympathetic tone.

"No, I'm fine. You just take the warm, soft bed. I'll sleep on the rock-hard couch." He said with sarcasm basically dripping from his words.

"You could sleep with me, ya know?" Kasey told him as she climbed into bed. 

"Aren't you afraid I have cooties?" He asked looking at her with a smile.

"I've probably already got some from you." She replied as she patted the spot next to her. "Get over here." 

He didn't argue with her. Instead, he grabbed his pillow and made his way over to the other side of the bed. 

"Goodnight, Jensen," She said, turning off the light, leaving the room pitch black. 

"Goodnight," He said, getting settled beneath the covers. He kept his distance, trying to be respectful of her space. Kasey turned and faced away from Jensen before scooting herself back against his chest. She grabbed his hand and wrapped his arm around her waist before closing her eyes. A smile formed across both of their faces, but neither one knew about the other in the darkness of night.