The Gaunt Lineage.

Start from the beginning

My mouth hung open at the end, processing everything she had told me. Tom Riddle; the man who turns out to be a mass murderer, stayed with me? Something about that doesn't sound right.

I mean; yes, my end goal was to get him to care about me—show him what love is, and hopefully change him in the least bit. However, I expected it to at least be a year before he really began showing signs of caring.

It was moving a lot faster than I anticipated, not that it was a bad thing—I was just shocked. Not only that, but I couldn't deny I was beginning to care for him as well.

In my entire life; I have only ever loved three people. My father, Balthazar, and my best friend; Alexius. I never knew my mom, so I never had the chance to love her.

I wouldn't lie, I was slightly scared. I could not grow attached to Tom at all. Eventually I would need to leave and never see him again. Falling for Tom Riddle was a very dangerous path; something which I couldn't do.

However, my thoughts drifted. Four days! That's when it struck me. When I shut myself down, I went into a hibernation state. That was why I didn't wake up, my grace being completely dormant affected me in the same sort of way.

"What time is it?" My voice was smoother now after the water, and quickly I sat upright in my bed.

The matron tried telling me to take it slowly, and sit back down; however, I just ignored her standing up anyway. I was fine.

"Miss Lightly, please lay back down. It is with the upmost importance that you rest for the rest of the day at the least." She scowled, making me frown.

I waved her off, shaking my head. "No, I'm fine." I promised, looking to where my uniform was folded next to my bed.

It was true, putting myself in hibernation completely wiped me. I figured out a few days ago the reason behind my seemingly endless exhaustion, was the separation from my grace.

My grace is so forceful that leaving it dormant; bottled up inside my literal soul was taking its toll on me. I was still growing, meaning as I grew—my powers extended.

Here was the thing, I held power beyond even my own comprehension. Angelic grace is not mean't to be bottled up and stored, eventually if I didn't release it within me—it would release itself. My grace releasing itself was catastrophic to everyone around me, therefore that was something no one wanted to happen.

The only reason it was even dormant was to lessen my chances of getting caught. However, perhaps if I was really careful about it I wouldn't need to have it trapped. Maybe as long as I wasn't suspicious with it; I could release it.

I was shaken out of my thoughts by the matron. "Are you sure?" She questioned seriously.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shrugged walking over to my uniform. "What time is it by the way?" I asked.

"Nine fifty-four." She put her hands on her hips, raising a brow at me.

I was currently in the History of Magic class, the one I shared with Tom. I was still shocked that Tom actually stayed with me throughout the whole thing.

"Great, I share that class with Tom Riddle. If what you say is true, I am sure he'll be keeping an eye on me." I said with an award winning smile.

She was obviously a sucker for romance stories, by the look she gave me. "Okay, but only because I trust him, and the poor boy has been a mess since you have been out." She gave in. "But I swear if you ever overdose on Felix Felicis again, it'll be detention a whole fortnight for you." She strictly added, remembering just how I got myself in here.