Currently I was downstairs, looking in the fridge for a quick snack. I sighed when I didn't find anything that really called to me and closed the fridge door shut.

I looked up to see Mom walking in, giving me a fleeting look before heading towards a cabinet. Then after a few moments she asked, "Will you be down for a late dinner? Your father is on his way home."

"No," I said. "I'll be fine in my prison."

Mom scoffed. "Suit yourself."

"That's all I can do at this point," I said dully.

I didn't wait for her to respond. I left the kitchen and went to my room. Quite frankly, I wasn't interested in having a confrontation with my mother. And seeing as how I was on punishment, I knew she wouldn't permit me to go out tonight.

But like I said, no punishment was going to stop me.

I went to my room, locked the door, grabbed my keys off the desk, threw on a jacket and put on my shoes. I went over to my window and looked down.

The home was only two stories and not very big. The jump wasn't far from the roof outside my window. Turning off my light, I climbed out my window onto the roof outside.

I closed the window and proceeded to the edge of the roof. I crouched low and put my legs over the edge in a sitting position.

Really, it wasn't that far a jump, but it was still a fair enough distance to where one would seriously need to be careful going down.

Taking a deep breath, I hopped down and hit the ground harder than I expected. I didn't hurt myself, but the impact definitely shook my legs a bit.

Nonetheless I recovered quickly and made my way to my car that was parked near the sidewalk. Hopefully Mom would still be in the kitchen and not notice me leaving.

Just then, another car was coming from down the street, and to my dismay, I knew who it was.

I had recognized my dad's car almost immediately.

He pulled into the driveway and I prepared myself for the confrontation that would surely ensue.

Once he parked and got out, he immediately made his way towards me.

"What are you doing?" He asked. There was no accusatory tone in his voice. Just curiosity.

There was no point in lying, I already wasn't supposed to be out.

"I was heading to Luke's," I admitted.

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna be with me friends Dad. I don't know, is that a crime?"

"No," he said. "Not at all."

He didn't seem concerned about the current situation. In fact he seemed completely indifferent to the fact that I was out of the house preparing to go see my friends, but still I could tell something was on his mind.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said shaking his head. "It's just... your mother and I haven't really been getting along."

"I know," I said.

I had heard their arguments here and there over the past few days. They weren't huge arguments. They were fleeting. Quick. Nuisances.

"Are you aware of what they've been about?" He asked, eyebrow arched. "The arguments?"

I shrugged. I wasn't stupid. They'd been having the arguments since that day I blew up on Mom and Raymond. Obviously that was related, but I didn't want to be the one to say it.