17. The Search

17. The Search

_______________

As frustrating as it still was, at least I had something.

I left Shawna's house in a hurry, determined to find the video diaries that would be the key to ending everything. I just needed to find them as soon as possible before anything else bad happened.

I drove home, anxious and ready to hunt. The only problem was that I had no idea where to even look.

Sure, I knew what I was looking for, but that didn't mean as much if I had no idea where exactly to look for it.

With this in mind, and becoming more and more determined than ever, I got to my house with the intent of going straight to Kevin's room. Once I stepped through the door, I was greeted with the sight of Raymond, chilling on the couch once again, only this time with a beer in his hand.

He glanced at me and nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"You weren't with Luke very long," he stated, turning his attention back to the television.

"Yeah, turns out he ended up having some family emergency," I lied.

Raymond simply grunted, signaling that he understood my words and now seemed completely invested in his show.

I quickly made my way up the stairs. I power walked down a couple steps down the hall and approached Kevin's room. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and stared inside.

It was so calm. Quiet.

For a second, it was as if nothing was wrong. His room still looked the same as it always did when he was around; neat and in perfect order. The organization had Kevin's name written all over it. Kevin didn't like messes. He was sort of a neat freak at times, and it had annoyed me to no end in certain moments.

He was always telling me how to do things... Things like what I needed to change in my own room to make it look better... How to "properly" iron my clothes even when I could hardly see a difference between how he did it and how I did it... How to expertly clean my shoes, or how to organize my bookshelf.

God, he could be annoying... And I fucking missed it.

It dawned on me that I hadn't been inside Kevin's room since his body was declared found. Something always kept me from going inside, and as I stood there in the middle of the doorway, I found that my heart was suddenly starting to beat a little bit faster.

I don't know what was wrong with me. It was just a damn room and I was about ready to cry.

How did everything go so wrong? I remembered spending hours playing video games here. Ranting, watching movies and shows, spilling my heart out to Kevin about how in love with Sayora I was.

And now he was gone, and I had no idea where he was or if he was even still alive at this point.

The thought sent a chill down my spine. I hadn't spoken to Kevin since the first time he got in touch with me and we met up. So much could've happened since then. What if his attacker happened to catch up to him?

I forced myself out of those thoughts and went to work, putting away every bad thought in the back of my mind.

I started in his closet, where all of his clothes still remained. I pulled clothes from the shelves and off of the hangers until the closet was completely barren of clothing items. Next, I went to his dresser drawers, pulling each and every one of them out, investigating, tossing underwear, socks and whatever else aside.

Then I went to his bed, ripping the covers and sheet off of it. I got down on the floor and looked under it. I even lifted the mattress to investigate the frame.