Chapter Three (REWRITTEN AND EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"How many times do you reckon he will ask her to repeat it?" I whispered in quiet laughter, to Jamie.

He smirked, "Two, definitely two. You?"

"Oh, it will be three," I replied confidently.

"Are you confident enough to make this a wager?" Jamie challenged, to which I nodded, "£10?"

"Make it £50," I laughed, "No less."

He sighed, but shook my awaiting hand anyway, 'Done, But I don't want a lot of notes, make sure it's a £50 note, okay?"

I laughed, "I should be telling you that, not the other way around."

"What are you two children laughing about?" William cut in sharply, "Some of us have work to do, the nursery is up on the next floor, just two doors down from mine, you can go and act like toddlers up there."

"You didn't tell me you started your period!" Jamie gasped.

I smacked him on the shoulder, "Hey, don't joke about those things until you actually have to suffer through it every month!"

"William, Jamie, stop bickering, you are both grown men!" The Queen scolded them, "And Jamie, Lily is right, don't you dare joke about those things!"

I laughed quietly, but then remembered something, "Elizabeth, Jamie mentioned hat you had something to tell William?"

"Oh yes! Thank you for reminding me, sweetheart!" She smiled at me gratefully.

William looked at me suspiciously before turning to his mother, "What is that, Mother?"

"Well now that the wedding has been confirmed to happen this year, it must be announced to the world, and to our friends and family," She smiled fondly at her son.

"I already know that," He replied rudely.

"William, don't talk to me like that! I haven't finished!" She replied, slightly hurt. "Anyway, your father has arranged for a press conference to happen on Friday Morning, when we will announce it to the public."

He rolled his eyes but nodded, "Fair enough."

I covered my hands over my mouth to stop myself from laughing, he thought that was all. I could feel Jamie shaking in laughter next to me, to which I replied with an elbow into his stomach.

"I am also organising an engagement party to happen this Saturday in the ballroom, in the palace," The queen informed him.

"Wait, what was that?" William put down in his pen, and turned to her, confused.

"One..." Jamie whispered in my ear.

"There will be an engagement party this Saturday for Lilliana and yourself," the Queen smiled in my direction.

William's eyes widened, "What?!"

"Two.." I whispered back, smirking.

"Manners, William!" The Queen raised her voice, "You. Lily. Engagement party. Saturday."

"Repeat that again?!" He was starting to turn a little angry.

"I am not repeating myself again, William Arthur Alexander Royale!" The mother yelled at her son."

"Yes!" I exclaimed, a little to loudly as it caused William to turn and glare at me in anger.

"Why are you yelling?!" He snarled.

"Dammit!" Jamie groaned, taking his wallet out of his slack pockets and hand me a £50 note, " Why do I even bother betting with you?!"

"Wait, did you two set up a wager over my reaction?!" William looked angered.