Chapter Three (REWRITTEN AND EDITED)

A/N: This has been re-written and edited, but there may still be the odd mistake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Having my future set in stone since I was a baby, meant that I had few choices when it came to what I was going to do in life. Despite the fact that both my Father and the King said I could go to univeristy, it wasn't certain that I would have been able to finish it before having to marry William. Instead, I had a private tutor who was a qualified university professor who helped me through my English Literature degree. Due to the looming marriage that I knew had been coming since I was about 7, we had all agreed that I would study intensely, so that I would finish my course a year early, just a few months after the time in question.

I sat in the library at the Palace, just two days after the meeting between William, Myself and our fathers, studying some of my notes that I had made over the few months before. The howling wind was fighting against the windows that I was sat next to, making me incredibly glad that I was inside one of the warmest and most comfortable rooms in the palace.

I was left to study alone, as my tutor was occupied with Adelaide, who was studying in her first year for her veterinary sciences degree. Unlike me, she was taking her degree at the normal pace, and at a year younger than me at 19, she was just in her first year, whereas I should have been in my second out of three. Also unlike me, Adelaide would have the chance to use her degree, as she planned to train to be a vet, and then go over to Kenya, where an apprenticeship was awaiting her in two years time.

After a few hours of staring at the notes, I was beginning to grow frustrated and bored out of my mind, but without a tutor to encourage me, I knew I had to carry on. My particular degree focused on Victorian and War-time literature, as that was the area that interested me most. However, even Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice, was beginning to bore me. Pushing the books away from me to the back of the table, I sighed as I glanced at the clock, realising it wasn't even time for lunch at only 11.15am.

"I told you English was boring," A snide voice commented.

I jumped and turn to see a grinning Jamie, William's closest and most trusted friend, "Jamie, you scared me! What are you doing here?"

He chuckled, as he came over and hugged me, picking me up and spinning me around in the process, "I've come to see you and William, I only got back from Dubai last night, but I wanted to see my favourite married couple-to-be!"

"Don't call us that!" I hissed softly, "The whole idea hasn't properly sunk in yet..."

He laughed, "Well you better make sure it sinks in pretty quickly. I greeted Elizabeth on my way up to the library, and she said the engagement party is set for Saturday Evening!"

My eyes widened, "That soon? It's Tuesday, and she seriously wants this party in less than a week?"

"The King believes she is being too ambitious but she won't hear any of it. She wants to announce the engagement at a press conference on Friday Morning, before the party the day after." Jamie shook his head in amusement, "She hasn't informed William yet though, but I would like to be there when he is told."

I gave him a grin, "You don't happen to know when and where the Queen is planning to tell him, do you?"

The only reply was a smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Queen sat in the corner of the private living room, knitting a blanket for her future grandchildren. I was nearly sick at the thought that I would have to give birth to Williams children, I hadn't forgotten how they were made either. William was sat at a desk in the corner, as the room provided a quiet space to complete any paperwork, away the bustle of the more open parts of the palace. I, on the other hand was sat next to Jamie on the window seat, just along from William's desk, quietly laughing about the reaction that was soon to come.