Chapter One (REWRITTEN AND EDITED)

A/N: This Chapter has been rewritten and edited, but beware, there may still be the odd mistake.

Everyone does things they are not supposed to do. Whether it's something small such a buying white bread instead of brown, or something much larger such as joyriding a car. When we do those things, we should be willing the handle the consequences, and face the people it has affected.

"Are you going to call him?"

My eyes snapped to those of Adelaide, whom of which was watching me intently from the other side of the moving car.

It didn't take me long to figure out whom she was referring to, and instantly I knew that I should have listened to her. Instead, I shook my head and placed the phone, that had been burning a hole in my left hand for the last ten minutes, onto chair beside me.

She sighed, and smacked her lips together, "I'm sure he would rather hear this from you than the press."

Once again, I knew she was right but I still could not bring myself to make a call that would be sure to make the person on the other end of the line furious. My father was a powerful man, but he still managed to find the time to check up on me on a regular basis. He often kept me at arms length, due to the fact that I was like my mother's younger sister, and I reminded him of his dead wife that died nearly twenty years ago, when I was just five months old. To him, I was a figure there to taunt him that the love of his life was no longer there to care for and to love him.

I believed him to be resentful of me, and that was why I spent most of my time being cared for by nannies, rather than my own father. Others claimed he was incredibly busy, and that he did not want to bother me with such matters, and that was why I was kept away from his work and his life.

"Please just call him already!" Adelaide disrupted my trail of thought, "He's probably wondering what on earth happened last night."

I looked back down at the phone sat by beside me, knowing that it was only a matter of time before the phone began to ring.

"What am I going to do?" I whispered quietly.

My best friend of eighteen years smiled at me softly, "You are going to call your father and explained the situation. From there it is down to your father, but I'm pretty sure he will do all he can to sort this out.

I gulped, "I didn't mean for this to happen. I just..."

Adelaide frowned when I stopped talking, "I know, Lily, but you need it explain this to your father before someone else finds him."

Looking into her solemn eyes, I knew I had no choice but to listen to her. I picked up the relatively pristine iPhone and juggled it in my hands for a few seconds, before finally getting a firm grasp on the expensive device.

"What am I supposed to say?" I looked at her for help.

All she could offer me was an awkward smile and the accurate words, "The truth."

I bit my lip, and with one last encouraging glance from my best friend, I typed in my passcode to unlock my phone. Within seconds, I was listening to the tedious ringing tone which would bring me to the conversation I had been dreading. After about ten seconds of ringing, I had stopped and silence followed.

"Hello," the other line began.

"Hello father, it's Lily. I thought I should call you to tell you what happened last nig-"

"You have reached the voicemail for Lord Alfred Thorne. I apologise that I cannot answer your call right now, but please leave a message and I shall get back to you as soon as possible."