Chapter Eight, Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Guys, I gotta gather some evidence and case files and I can head home."

"What can we do?" asked Maggie.

"You can only keep the close watch on the Spitball Tracker Mainframe. I set the Perimeter Security System to Emergency Security Lock which the system is still active but will require my password to have full control of this system. I'll be back tonight."

"Wait wait wait!" said Blaine quickly. "Remember about the clue she said earlier?"

**Flashback**

"Well, it's a small clue for you. Purple ones get stronger at night and get weaker in the morning... That is all I can tell you but I will be back for more.... soon... Kekekekekekeke.."

**Call ended**

--------

(David): "What do you mean?"

(Blaine): "After I heard the clue and I saw the death ray from Jessica, her power lever is still tremendously high!"

(David): "Wait, how did you know about that!? Wait, is it a joke!?"

(Blaine): "I'm serious. I have this Demon Power Level Detector Device with me this whole time."

"Come to think of it. How did we survive when I threw a snowball at the death ray, despite her powers is at fullest potential?" I thought to myself, confused.

"Where did you get that?" asked Seth.

"I got it from Stacy, even though that she was freed from the demon's influence, her intelligence has been changed to demon hunting intelligence meaning that she is trying to invent things like this so nothing will happen ever again."

"Woah, did Stacy invented this??" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah, no wonder how she can build this but this is the state-of-the-art technology used to scan the power levels on human beings who have been infused with demonic powers."

(David): "This means, she tricked us!"

(Blaine): "Possibly."

She is probably trying to trick us. When we got a report in the university, we thought that in the morning, her powers won't be as strong to cause such devastation so it should be safe, but now her demonic powers are still very high, enough to create utter chaos and destruction in the city.

(Blaine): "Which is why I have 2 of these. I'll give this one to you, I thought it will come in handy just in case."

(David): "Oh! Thanks, Blaine."

(Blaine): "You're welcome. It comes with instructions that Stacy wrote so you could know how it works."

(David): "Alright. Guys, I'll see you tonight."

(Seth and Blaine): "Be safe."

**12:52 PM**

Stupid snow. Wish I have snow chains so I don't want to crash into vehicles. I always drive very slowly like 35 miles per hour throughout the whole ride, it took longer than I thought. Well, at least I arrived at my home. I got off from the police car with my evidence and case files filled with pictures and information. When I arrived at my doorstep and opened the door, I saw something... A wooden rectangular crate. I have no idea but one thing is for certain, it could be a bomb inside but when I opened it, I saw something surprising.

"Woah!"

It's a sword with the same design. It's glowing like Jessica's purple sword except for its colored blue. I have absolutely no idea and I thought I was like "Is it from Jessica?" but then I noticed a piece of paper beside the sword.