temptation | twelve | final chapter

"I know the rules but I forget them everytime"

I walked into the reception hall, marvelling at how beautifully decorated the venue was. Chandeliers glistened prettily as they hung at different heights.

I looked around the room and my eyes fell on Jaebum and his newly wedded wife, Jiyeon. Upon seeing me, he smiled sadly and walked towards me with Jiyeon.

"Jiyeon, this is Jasmine, an old friend from University. Jasmine, this is my beautiful wife, Jiyeon." He introduced.

"Lovely to meet you, Jiyeon. You make a beautiful bride and your wedding was beautiful also. Congratulations to you both." I smiled, shaking her hand.

"Thank you, Jasmine. It's great to meet an old friend of my husband's." Jiyeon smiled.

I smiled back and excused myself to the bathroom, catching the eye of the rather handsome best man and someone I assume is his girlfriend. He smiled at me and I smiled back before noticing his maybe girlfriend giving me a dirty look.

After I had finished in the bathroom, I began making my way back to the main hall where I was stopped by Jiyeon.

"Can we talk?"

"Um, sure." I answered, not really knowing what she wanted to talk about.

Jiyeon looked around before opening her mouth and shocking me completely.

"I know who you are, Jasmine, and I want to say thank you for ending what you and Jaebum had. You probably think I'm silly for staying with him, knowing that he was seeing you behind my back but I love him too much to give him up."

"Please do not thank me. I should have never messed around with your husband and for that I am sorry. And just for the record, I think you are quite a strong woman for sticking by your husband, knowing what he's done." I replied.

"Thank you." She smiled warmly, squeezing my arm before walking back inside.

I waited a couple minutes before heading back in, heading straight for the drinks section. I ordered a glass of champagne before sitting down, seeing the handsome best man from earlier walking towards me from the corner of my eye. He sat down beside me with a smile and ordered a drink.

"Hey." He spoke after ordering.

"Hi."

"I'm Seunghwa, Jaebum's best friend and one of the best men, but you can call me Gray." He said, voice sounding smooth and velvety.

"I'm Jasmine, an old friend of Jaebum's. Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"Lovely to meet you too. Pardon me for being a bit forward but I think you're absolutely beautiful and would love to take you out some time."

"I like how forward you are and I would very much like for you to take me out." I responded with a smile.

"Great. Can I have your number?" He questioned.

"Of course, I mean how else would we arrange to go out?" I answered to which he laughed.

"Sassy, I like it." He grinned.

He took out his phone and unlocked it, letting me type in my number and saving it. Our drinks arrived and I sipped at mine while he gulped his down. He then stood up and smiled.

"Unfortunately I have best man duties to attend to right now but I shall find you once I have fulfilled my duties." He informed me.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later then." I replied.

"I'll speak to you later, Jasmine." He said, taking my hand and kissing it.

I could practically feel his date's eyes burning into my head as he did so and couldn't help but chuckle to myself.

Let the game begin.

Fin