Chapter Twenty-One

Zacznij od początku

"Lisedi," I called her name, "come here."

She whirled around on her heel and walked up to me, "I told you that I don't want to talk to you. So leave me alone, you liar."

She brushed past me, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"I know you're angry with me, but we need to focus on getting the fuck up out of here. We have to do something with your car."

"Like what? Just leave it here. Let's go."

"No. There needs to be a sign. A sign of struggle. So when they find this, it won't look like we fled. They'll still be looking for us here, while we're out of the country."

"Okay," she shrugged, "whatever. Do what you do."

I sighed. Her attitude was really starting to irritate me, but I brought that on myself.

I pulled out my gun, slipped the silencer on and fired a round of shots into the driver's side of the car.

"I need blood," I said, "your blood."

"You're not shooting me, are you fucking insane-"

I grabbed her hand and brought her up to the car, opening the door and watching the glass continue to fall out.

"Sit in the seat," I said.

She raised an eyebrow, but eventually followed my request.

"Roll up your pants leg."

"What? For what?"

"Just do it, please."

As she did, I picked up a piece of glass from the floorboard.

"I don't want to do this, but I'm trying to do all I can to protect you in case-"

"Just do it, Aubrey," she huffed.

I had to act quickly. The more I thought about it the more hesitant I became. I took the piece of glass and made a cut on the side of her thigh, enough to make her bleed out a little. She didn't flinch a bit. She let it drip some, then smeared it on the seat, steering wheel, door handle and headrest.

I picked up another shard of glass and did the same to myself. I had to make this look as realistic as possible.

Luckily, there was a first aid kit in her car so we could patch ourselves up. She grabbed it along with her other personal belongings. I went to start my car. She hopped in the passenger. Just as I was about to drive off, she jumped back out.

"Lisedi!"

I had no clue what she was doing.

Was she running back to her car and leaving me?

She bent down to pick something up. A big ass rock. What the hell was she doing?

She opened her car door and cranked up the engine. She dropped the rock on the gas pedal and put the car in drive, sending it to ram right into a tree.

She ran over to it, opened the door, removed the rock, closed the door shut and tossed it.

Damn. She was smarter than I expected. Such a badass with smart mind. How can I not be in love?

Lisedi made her way back to me, getting inside the car. Wordless, she was.

"You can't avoid talking to me forever," I looked over at her.

"Shut the fuck up and drive, Aubrey," she looked out the window.

I sighed before driving off. Usually, I would comment, but I am in the wrong. So I'll let her attitude slide.