Part 9

A new thought entered her mind another memory. Marie's hands and most of her arms were covered in the black blood of the shadows. Her hands were shaking with the lightening weight on her mind, she stumbled down the road tilting back and forth. Anyone else on the street would have thought she had just come from a bar. Marie grabbed her head and finally steadied herself. Her next destination was quite far, she would need to ride the bus. She walked to the bus and waited, a bus came and she walked on. The driver looked terrified, she handed the driver money then started walking to the back seat. On her way back she saw a shadow sitting in the corner. She quickly pulled out her knife and stabbed the shadow, it fell out of it's seat and into the row. The bus driver saw but did nothing. He sat there with a terrified expression and got ready to start the bus, there was no one else on the bus. After 20 minutes Marie got off the bus. She walked off the road and out into the middle of a large field with tall grass. A shadow was standing there in the moonlight, it turned to her with it's great white smile. If Marie hadn't known what these creatures could do she would have thought it was very happy, not dangerous at all. To see the dark figure with a great smile bathing in the moonlight, it was almost majestic. Marie approached the shadow, it smiled even bigger at her. It was a drill that had been repeated a few times, the shadow knew what was happening and it didn't care. Marie walked a few more feet and casually stabbed the shadow in the head. She pulled the knife out and began to repeatedly stab it's head. When she finally stopped she was breathing heavily, the shadows black blood poured down on the white teeth making the smile pitch black, much like the rest of the shadow. The shadow collapsed and Marie stepped back to admire her artwork. Only two left to go.