Part 8

Marie now had four hours left before she was going away. She couldn't explain why the memories were suddenly coming back to her, but they just were. She suddenly had another flashback, a more concerning one after her mind had been broken. Four years ago when she was 12 she did some strange things. The shadow had crept into Marie's room, she knew it was there but did nothing, for this was a quite familiar occurrence. The shadow walked up to her bed quite casually and trailed its claws across her cheek leaving three scratch lines. Blood slowly welled up and soon she had lines of blood streaming down her face. Marie reached her hand up to her face and wiped off some of the blood with one finger. She brought the bloody finger down to her mouth and licked the blood of her finger. The metallic scent of blood filled Marie's nostrils and the taste was carried down her throat. She felt a fit of laughter escape her throat and come out of her mouth. She started laughing harder till she had a constant stream of laughter escaping her mouth. She laughed until her stomach hurt and her throat was raw. Tears from her laughter streamed down her face, Marie turned on her side and curled up in a ball. Her tears wet her pillows and blankets. Marie's laughter still echoed in her own mind causing her to laugh again.