"Want to talk about it?"

I shook my head and buried it into the crook of his neck, hoping to forget about the whole ordeal. My hand made its way to his chest, hoping the feel of his heartbeat would ground me like before, but when he flinched I retracted my hand and looked at him with a frown, had I done something wrong?

"It's okay Angel, it's just a few scratches that's all, they'll be healed by the morning" he smiled reassuringly at me.

I frowned again and looked down to see four long, deep gashes across his chest and I gasped in shock. What had he been doing whilst I was asleep? "How..." I let the question hang in the air, hoping he would catch on to what I was referring to.

"You partially shifted during your dream and your claws dug into my skin when I tried to wake you up" he explained with a shrug. Why did he look so happy when I had just hurt him.? He must've seen my confusion because he smiled down at me and kissed my forehead. "This is a good thing" he explained "it means your wolf is there in your head somewhere. She tried to come out to try and protect you when she thought you were in trouble but was held back by the command, hence the partial shift."

I thought about it for a second before nodding my head to show I understood. I looked back down at his cuts and frowned again; I better get these cleaned up.

I moved to go to the bathroom and get a damp cloth to clean up the dried blood that had smeared across his chest, but frowned when I was held back by Jax's arms.

"And where do you think you're going little mate?" He asked, slightly amused.

I pointed to his cuts, hoping he would get the hint but when he just looked at me blankly I sighed, "Going to clean them" I muttered.

He smiled a stunning smile at me and my heart stuttered in my chest, god was it even legal to be that good looking?

"I've already got a first aid kit delivered, it's by the door along with a glass of water for you, I'll just go and get it for you".

He started to get up but I scowled up at him as he started to move. "Sit" I all but growled at him as I made my way over to the door and grabbed the stuff. No way should he be moving with cuts like that on his chest, he could rip them open further and make them worse than they already are.

He smiled down at me as I sat in front of him and got the scissors out of the bag to cut the rest of his shirt off, it was ruined anyway so why try and save it now. Once the last of the fabric was off, I went about cleaning and dressing his wounds, making sure I didn't miss anything as I slowly applied the steri strips to his chest to help the cuts heal quicker.

"How'd you learn to do all this?" He asked as I applied the last bit of dressing to his chest.

I didn't respond as I didn't think he would particularly like the answer. How do you tell someone that you were good at first aid because you were so used to having to do it on yourself on a daily basis?

He must've felt my unease as he took my hands into his and lifted my chin up so that I was looking at him in the eyes. "Thank you my little mate" was all he said as he kissed me on the cheek before getting up and going into his closet to change.

When he came out he was just in a pair of boxer shorts, leaving his chest bare for me to look at.

Mate! Mate! The voice in my head shouted and I frowned as I rubbed my temples, attempting to lessen the headache I always seem to get when the voice in my head speaks. He is ours! Mate! I huffed in frustration and attempted to block the voice out, which this time I thankfully managed to do.

"Are you okay?" Jax asked as he saw the frown on my face.

I smiled up at him and nodded, not wanting him to worry about me anymore than he already does. I had enough baggage as it was, I was not going to add hears voices in my head to the list.

He looked at me sceptically for a minute before slowly nodding his head and walked over to the sofa. "Good night then little mate, sleep well".

My heart rate suddenly picked up at the thought of going back to sleep. What if the nightmare came back? I did not want to live through that again.

"What's the matter? Your hearts going crazy".

"I... umm..." I stuttered, not really knowing what to say. "Can you...I mean...would you mind if-if you umm..." come on Annabelle just spit it out "would you sleep with me?"

Jax grinned at me from the sofa and it was only then that I realised what that sounded like. "I mean not sleep with me, I just meant that...I mean would you mind...?" I sighed, giving up "don't worry".

Jax chuckled from the sofa before getting up and walking over to his side of the bed to join me. My face was bright red and I could feel the heat coming from my blush, god that was embarrassing.

"I wouldn't mind at all my Angel" he smiled, kissing my forehead before sliding in next to me and pulling me close to him so that my head was resting on his chest. "Sleep well Annabelle, I'll be right here if you need me" he whispered.

I was tense for a second, not really knowing what to do in this type of situation. I had never slept next to anyone before, let alone a gorgeous half naked werewolf.

"Just relax Annabelle, your body still need time to heal so get as much sleep as you can" he muttered, bringing his hand to my back before starting to gently draw circles on my skin. It felt so nice and relaxing I was out like a light in no time.

Another chapter done...hope you liked it?
As always...let me know and don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and FOLLOW me!

let me know and don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and FOLLOW me!

Today's recommendation is...
The Marking by @beautifullybrutal