Chapter 3

****************************

Theo

I opened my eyes to find seven faces starring at me with confused and surprised faces. Yup, I'm in the den.

"I take it you guys weren't expecting me." I said to them, taking a seat at the table in the centre of the room.

"Nope." Said Jude sitting back on his chair and putting his feet on the table, just to have his feet pushed off again by Brooke, who was sitting next to him.

"We just finished our meeting for today, have you got any news on the girl?" Georgina asked.

"Yep, that's why I'm here. I've been following her for two months now, and there's nothing left for me to find out about her. I'm waiting for my next instructions." I replied, scanning my surroundings. Not much had changed in three months, just a few new paintings on the walls and a new face at the table, that much I was expecting. "Who are you?" I asked the unfamiliar face.

"This is James, my brother; he's one of us now." Explained Lucas.

"Who turned him?" I asked, directing the question at Lucas, newborns never remember who turned them, but he must be something really special to be a part of the den meetings.

"I turned myself." Answered James. I turned to look at him, an approving smile on my face.

"Amazing, I see why you're here then, you obviously contain a lot of power, but with a brother like Lucas I wouldn't be so surprised." I said, genuinely approving of the new face. I love it when there's a new addition to our family.

"So, you have news?" Georgina asked, again bringing up the subject.

"Yes, she is definatly different; she is very... strange for her kind. Elizabeth has all the qualities one of our kind would have, and is surprisingly a lot like our Rhianna." Rhianna's head whipped to face me.

"Really?" She asked, looking down at herself.

"Yes, very much. Her features and colours are different to yours but you both are a lot like each other, physically and mentally." I answered. "And I came to get my next instructions, I don't know what I'm supposed to do now." I said again.

"Watch her. Learn of her friends and habits. Find out where she lives, where she works. See if she's safe, if anyone else is following her." Said Zander, our 'Leader'.

"I have! What did you think I'd been doing these past few months!" I said, angry now.

"Calm, Theo." He said, I immediately calmed. "I see you have done more than I expected you to do so far, but the more, the better. I need you to carry on watching her though; we are not the only ones in search of her power. Never leave her side, but don't let her know who you are, or what you are."

"Okay... and how do you suppose I do that? If I don't tell her who I am, and I never leave her side, then that makes me some kind of storker, doesn't it? I'm pretty sure if some random guy comes up to you and follows you around all day, but won't answer your questions IS a storker. She'll probably call the police and then I'll be locked up, seriously, you don't know those humans, they over-react, big time."

"You'll find a way... It would be so much easier if we could protect her from here, but that's impossible, she can only come on her own free will, but she does not even know of this place, so we have to do it the other way. " Zander said.

"Oh, and next time you come back, make sure it's with some decent information, not just her appearance and how much you're in love with her." Said Jude, smirking. Damn, he can see right through me, is it that obvious I'm in love with her? I gave him a dirty look but said nothing.