I smile," I'm good. You?"

Stepping back she focuses back on what's in the skillet," I'm great honey and I've missed you."

"I missed you too TT."

"Well we'll have t-"

"Emerson come on so I can kick your butt!" Damien calls.

Aunty Ali chuckles," go play your game, we'll talk later."

I nod and go back to the living room.

"Hey Unc."

Uncle Drew is reclining in a La-Z-Boy reading a magazine," sup kiddo. How are ya?"

"Good good, you?" I ask scooping up the controller and focusing my eyes on the tv.

"I'm great."

The doorbell rings and he stands to get it, taking his precious time to do so.

"Bestie!"

He greets my moms, stepping back to let them in, then all of them head into the kitchen. I focus my attention back on the game, considering I'm in fourth place now.

With the help of a few power-ups I speed to second place, neck and neck with Damien. Just at the last second I activate my nitrous and shoot forward.

"Wooo!" I exclaim, jumping up and dropping my controller on the couch.

My dance moves aren't the best but I still do a victory dance, mocking Damien.

"Alright alright that's enough." He chuckles and lightly pushes me.

"Everyone come eat!" Drew shouts.

I reach down to grab my phone from the coffee table and pause when I notice it's not there.

When in the heck, I look over at Damien and he raises a brow.

"You seen my phone?"

"Nah."

I sigh. I know it's here at least so I'll look for it after I eat.

I go into the dining room where everyone is and sit down between Zoie and Emilia.

Everyone starts to fill their plates and pour drinks.

While we're eating and talking I notice that Zoie and Emilia keep trading glances and snickering. They're up to something.

"So Em, you like your new school?" Aunt Ali asks looking from her pancakes to me.

I nod," yeah. I've made some new friends and my classes are all cool. I never thought I'd be into astronomy but it's interesting."

"Wasn't Austin super into Astronomy at some point?" Ma asks.

Ali nods," right around the time he came back from the army, that zodiac sign astrological stuff."

"In it's broadest sense astrology is the search for purpose in the heavens." I quote the Astrology book we use in class.

Ma chuckles," oh no she's turning into a nerd," then she adds," like her mother."

Momma smacks her arm," I'm not nor have I ever been a nerd. I was just invested in getting good grades."

"So a nerd then." Uncle Drew speaks up, food in his mouth.

I chuckle and ask," where is Austin and Roxy?"

"Work." Kai answers.

Zoie and Emilia finish their food and excuse themselves, running upstairs. I finish up a few minutes later and I help Aunt Ali and Momma wash the dishes before going upstairs to Emilia's room.