Nineteen

"It is you," Wil breathed as their eyes met. "I knew it."

Lilia glared at the assassin before her, but eventually removed her knife before it did any more damage to his neck. She honestly didn't know if she wanted to hug him or punch him, but decided she'd hear him out before doing anything drastic.

"You didn't know anything," she murmured as casually as she could while she sheathed her dagger beneath her skirt. "For all you knew, I was dead and buried in Thuria."

"But I knew I saw you- with the Thurian Lord," he pressed as though delirious. "I saw you bite your finger-"

She cursed as she dropped her dress and turned back to him. "Does Cass know?"

Mention of her sister seemed to catch Wil off-guard. "No. Not yet."

"Keep it that way," she demanded as she bent to pick up her discarded packaged.

"She wants to kill you... whoever you're supposed to be."

"Good. It'll keep her distracted."

"From what?" Wil asked incredulously.

"From discovering what I'm going to do to Baz," she informed him plainly, facing him with her arms full.

His eyes widened. "So, it's true."

"What's true?" she asked, furrowing her brows.

Wil merely shook his head. "Not here."

Glancing over his shoulder as if to make sure there was no one close enough to hear, he took a step closer to her, and she peered at him while she held her ground. "Do you remember the tavern at the western gate?"

"I'm nowhere near dressed appropriately for that shithole," she growled.

"All the better- be there in twenty minutes."

"Wil!"

But he was already scaling the brick wall towards the roof. "Fifteen, and I'll buy you a drink."

Before she could protest any further, he disappeared over the edge.

The western section of the city was further from the hustle and bustle of the normal cause of business and was reserved for the seedier taverns and questionable practices within Lathos

The western section of the city was further from the hustle and bustle of the normal cause of business and was reserved for the seedier taverns and questionable practices within Lathos. One would assume it was where the Guild of Assassins would have maintained their central location, but then again, having too many Assassins in one place with an already questionable demeanor would draw too much obvious attention.

Lilia knew why Wil chose it. Baz never came here. He felt he was too good for these people, wouldn't deign to take their money despite the countless times they requested his assistance, and should any of them threaten to reveal him through blackmail or worse, they'd undoubtedly find their names on the next list of missions within the Underground.