Chapter 19 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Just as I was standing up straight again, his hands were on my back, giving it a painfully hard shove and sending me flying forward. My feet sunk into the sand below me, and the last thing I saw was the small fish darting away as my face collided with the water.

"Oh my God!" I cried, jumping up in bed and leaning over the edge to cough violently. Once I was sitting up straight, I ran my hands down my face to wipe away the cold water, then I frantically brushed my wet hair out of my eyes.

"Well, I'm glad that woke you up."

Harry's voice made me freeze immediately, and when I opened my eyes to peer through the hotel room, the first thing I saw was the devilish smirk on his face as he stood at the foot of my bed.

My eyes reflexively travelled down his body — initially admiring how good he looked in his tight grey tee and low-hung black jeans — but when I noticed the bright blue bucket in his hand, I felt my face go hot with rage.

"You're such a jerk!" I yelled, grabbing my damp pillow from behind me and pegging it at him. It smacked him right in the chest and made him drop the bucket in surprise, but instead of hurting him like I'd wanted it to, it just made him laugh. "What the hell is your problem?!"

“Get your lazy bum out of bed and put on some dry clothes,” he ordered, ignoring my question. “We’re going shopping.”

“What?” I asked, completely befuddled. “Why?”

“Because, as good as you look wet, there’s a certain warmth provided by dry clothes that simply cannot be—”

“Shut up,” I frowned, “you know what I meant.”

His mouth curved up into a sexy half-smirk before he answered properly. “We’re supposed to spend the day together, Cassie. I figured you would rather spend it shopping down at the harbour than ignoring me here in our hotel room.”

“That’s true,” I nodded, pretending to gasp. “You know, for a total airhead, you sure do understand the way my mind works.”

“Just go get dressed, before I change my mind.” He walked over to his own bed and slumped down on it, facing away from me. “The bathroom is down the hall. And please try to be quick. Dinner is in three hours.”

I felt my eyes widen in surprise. Three hours till dinner?! I pulled my phone off my bedside table, and – sure enough – the clock had just hit 3PM.

I must have slept for ages, I realised as I climbed out of my soaked bed. We had arrived at the hotel at around 5AM this morning, and after scoffing down a quick breakfast, I had come up to mine and Harry’s shared hotel room and collapsed on my bed. In fact, as I looked down now, I noticed I was still wearing the brown playsuit I had put on last night.

I picked up my suitcase from the floor and dropped it on my bed, then I pulled out a yellow checkered shirt and some blue jeans. Following Harry’s directions, I left the room and walked down the hallway until I reached the bathroom. It only took a few minutes to peel off my wet outfit and replace it with the new one, and once I had walked back down to the bedroom, I was surprised to find Harry waiting for me in the doorway, my purse and Aviator sunglasses clutched in his outstretched hand.