Chapter 19 (Part 1)

Sorry about the wait! Part 2 of this chapter will be up in the next few days. (:

Thank you all so much for all the support while I was away!! I'm planning to be on more often in the coming weeks (:

I don't think I have anything more to say, so... Enjoy! X

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sun. Sand. Sea.

It was so peaceful.

The breeze blew over my cheeks and filled my nose with a beautiful oceanic scent, making goose bumps of pleasure prick my arms. In the distance, I could see the waves rolling in on the shore, crashing gently against each other as they moved. If I took a few more steps, I would be on the beach.

We didn't have a beach back home, since our town was three hundred kilometres inland. The closest thing we had was a manmade wave pool at the hotel, and that was turned off most of the time.

As I walked through the warm sand, moving closer to the water with each step, I felt a breeze tickle my ear pleasantly. When I turned around so it could hit my cheeks instead, though, I found myself coming face to face with a very amused-looking Harry.

"Cassie," he murmured, his lips curving up into a smirk.

"Go away," I pouted. I crossed my arms across my bikini-clad chest and kept walking towards the waves, but he didn't leave my side. "You're ruining the scenery, Styles."

"Cassie," he repeated, his eyes widening as they raked over my body. "Cassie."

"Yes, okay," I huffed, frowning back at him. "You know my name, I get it."

As soon as my toes hit the water, his fingers gripped my shoulder, shaking me as if trying to get my attention. When I spun around to glare at him, his brow was furrowed in frustration.

"Cassie," he said again, his voice more agitated this time. "Can you hear me? Come on, Cas."

"Of course I can hear you, you bloody idiot!" I growled, smacking his arm away. "Now shove off!" I hunched my shoulders and walked further into the ocean, eager to get away from him.When a minute had passed and I hadn't heard him speak another word, I turned around and let out a sigh, happy to see that he was gone.

Good riddance, I thought, rolling my eyes.

Now that he wasn't around to bother me, the beauty of the moment had returned, and I was free to watch the water swirl around my legs. As a small fish swam between my knees, I bent forward and held my hair behind my ears, eager to get a closer look at the little creature.

I should have been expecting what happened next. After all, if I had learnt one thing after spending the last five days with Harry, it was that he never gave up when it came to annoying me.