Chapter 15 (Part 1)

A/N: Asdfghjkl.

What a weird chapter. Right? Idk.

Lots of loveeee, thanks for reading! X

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

                You're not even that pretty.

                 What does he see in you?

                 I bet you're cheating on him.

                 The Cookie Girl? Maybe you should stay true to your nickname and eat some, you anorexic whore.

A loud crack rang through my bedroom as my iPhone collided with the wall. It took me a moment to realise I had thrown it, and as the realisation sunk into my mind, I had to bite my lip to hold back a sob.

How could those "fans" be so rude? I hadn't done anything to them. I'd been as nice as possible.

Hadn't I?

I pushed myself off my bed and stormed out of the room, not even bothering to change out of my pajamas. After getting back from the movie premiere an hour ago, they were the only change I'd made; my hair was still out and wavy, and make up still stained my eyes and skin.

I should have listened to Harry and Liam. I should have left Twitter alone, at least until I'd adjusted to my newfound fame. Everything was just going so well. I thought it would be fine to check a few of my mentions.

I was so, so wrong.

Without noticing it, I had managed to cross my whole apartment and slam the main door shut behind me. Now, as I hurried down the hallway, I had no idea where I was planning to go. My feet moved upon instinct, and when I made it down to the first floor and started heading for the gym, I suddenly knew where they were taking me: the pool.

Ever since I had scored the job here, the hotel pool had been like a second home to me. When I wasn't working or hanging out in my room, I was down here with Rose and the other employees, soaking up the artificial sunlight and enjoying the cool water as it rushed over my skin. As the hotel became more popular, our visits became less frequent, but we still made time to come down and spend a few minutes inside the tropical-themed pool.

It was strange to come down here at night, especially since the main lights were all off and I had to rely on my memory of the floor to avoid falling into the water. There was no windows in the large room, but as I watched the small fairy lights glimmer on the roof like stars, I found myself rolling up my pajama pants and letting my legs dangle in the pool. After laying on my back for a few minutes, I managed to convince myself I was actually in a tropical rainforest, looking up at the stars and enjoying the peaceful sounds around me.

How did my life get so chaotic all of a sudden? I never asked to be hated. I never asked to be someone's fake girlfriend, and I sure as hell never asked to get involved with that stupid boy band.

Four days ago, I would have died to meet One Direction...but not like this. If I could have delivered those cookies to their room the normal way...if they had just accepted them at the door...I wouldn't be in this mess at all.

"But that's not how it turned out," I said quietly, rolling my eyes. Now, my name was being broadcast worldwide. My every move was being watched and my every decision was being criticized. It wasn't fair on me, right?