Chapter 21: I Never Left

Troye's POV

Every day. Every day I was by his side. I never left. I'd sleep slouched over in a chair beside him. I'd eat that disgusting hospital food. Throughout the day I'd just sit beside him holding his hand. Sometimes I'd turn on the tv and watch something just to pass the time, but most of the time I'd just sit beside him holding his hand.

Every hour the nurse would come in and check up on him. She'd check his vital signs and sometimes change one of the fluids going into him. We'd make small talk as she fiddled with this and that, and then, after a few minutes, she'd leave, leaving me alone once more.

The only noise in the room, when the nurse wasn't there, was the steady beep of the heart monitor. It was the only thing that assured me he wasn't dead. Although, if it wasn't for life support, he would be.

After about a month of this, the nurse asked me if I just wanted them to pull the switch on life support and turn it off since there were no signs of him waking up. I quickly declined the offer though. I still had hope he'd wake up.

It had been three months now since the accident. His bones were healed and all the bruises were gone. He looked almost normal, except he didn't. It was impossible for him to look normal without that huge smile of his spread across his face. Or without his unique laugh that always made me laugh as well. Or his sarcastic, flirty personality that made it impossible for anyone to dislike him. All of which, are things I miss dearly about him.

He still showed no signs of waking, though it had been so long. The doctors set a date, in one month, to turn off life support if he still hadn't woken up. I personally thought that wasn't right to do. It's basically setting a death date for someone, but I didn't argue. I still had faith he'd wake up.

-----------------------------------
A/N

I know I didn't do an author's note on the last chapter. I'm sorry. I forgot. Don't kill me.

Best comment goes to xSillyTilly (previously known as BlackLips369) you just made me smile so so so much. I really love incorporating you and Lena :)

And I feel like we need to talk about Trxye so here's my reaction: AIVSJJDAGIVVAAGIJVSGIBXSSTIBSSUOGSEUJCSTIHC

Vote and comment!