Gasps and cries came all around as people gather to see if Collin was alright. He wasn’t. His mouth was numb as was bleeding; his jaw was probably dislocated as well. A women handed him a tissue. Collin looked up at Sebastian with a glare. 

The billionaire simply shrugged then turned to the boy.

But Adrien was gone.

“He went that way.” A young lady pointed towards the men’s restroom. “Here,” she pulled out a small package of pocket tissue and handed it to him. “He was crying when he left.”

“Thank you.” Sebastian inclined his head then headed into the restroom. Adrien sat near the sikns, pulling the jacket close to his body. Tears spilled out of his eyes. Sebastian walked over to him and kneeled down. He pulled out a tissue from the package and handed it to Adrien.

But boy shook his head. “Leave me alone.”

“It’s all right Adrien, he won’t hurt you here.” Sebastian coxed.

“No, he’s going to kill me.”

Sebastian placed his hands upon the boy’s shoulders. “Adrien, don’t do this to me. Don’t fall back into that abyss.”

Adrien shook his head and pushed him away. “No! It was better for me to just die!” He made a run for the door.

“Adrien stop!”

But the boy was already out the door. Sebastian stood and went after him. quickly making his way through the sea of people, he plucked the redhead out of the crowed and brought him back into the men’s department. Making sure no one was looking, they slipped into the dressing room.

“Adrien, look at me.” Sebastian whispered.

Adrien just stared at the ground. The vampire gently lifted up his chin and in the boy’s eyes, Sebastian saw that the darkness was clouding over everything. The poor boy was slipping back into that dark world.

“Adrien, I know it’s hard but you have to fight the fear that you have towards your father.”

Adrien shook his head but as he did, Sebastian gripped onto his arms, causing the boy to become startled.

“Listen to me Adrien. If you keep giving up like this, you’ll never be healed. You keep letting this wound grow bigger because you keep slipping back. This is what Mr. Horn wants because he knows you’ll never say a word if you’re like this.” He kneeled down and took the boy’s hand into his. “You understand? I know you’re scared, I would be too. But you have to fight back. You want to make your father pay? Then start by fighting back the darkness that he’s caused.”

Adrien wiped his eyes. “. . . .I can’t.”

“Yes, you can.” Sebastian let go of his hand and wiped a remaining tear on his cheek. “I believe in you. And the only way to fight that darkness is to tell me your story. I promise that you’ll feel better knowing that someone else knows.”

Adrien bit his lip, but his sad eyes dropped to the floor.

Sebastian placed his hand gently on the boy’s cheek, “It’ll be alright Adrien. I won’t give up on you. I’ll help you though this.” He stood and handed back Adrien his shirt. “I’ll go pay for the clothes you found and we’ll go home, okay? We’ll go shopping another time.”

The redhead nodded as he took off Sebastian’s jacket. The scars on his back brought sorrow to the young vampire as he stepped out.

One day, Sebastian thought as he picked up Adrien’s new outfit and brought it over to the checkout counter, that man will pay.