Just Breathe.

The doctor was just about to bring the sheet up over Niall's face when the nurse grabbed his wrist, "He's breathing."

The doctor raised his eye brows then smiled, "Thatta boy! Irish men are tough aye?!" he chuckled, cupping the side of Niall's face. He saw Niall's eyes were open. They had tears in them. "Oh Lord." the doctor murmured. He watched the tears fall from Niall's eyes. Slowly, and gently, the doctor took the tube out of Niall's throat, "It's alright, kid. Everything is over with. You're going to be fine."

*1 hour later*

"Feels good having you rub my face again." Niall tiredly smiled at his mother. Smiling, Maurah bent down, and kissed his hair, "You scared us, young man."

"I'm sorry, Mum." Niall chuckled.

However, his father was not smiling nor chuckling. He was angry. He was so angry he blurted out, "No more One Direction!"

"What!" Niall immediately gasped.

Maurah's face turned pale, "Be careful with what you're saying, Bobby."

"No! He's too young to be in a boy band anyway! The X Factor was a mistake!"

"No! Dad, don't say that!" Niall sobbed.

"Niall, calm down! Please!" Maurah soothed, stroking his hair.

"He can't take One Direction away from me! It's my life!" Niall sobbed louder.

"I think you're being a little dramatic, Dad." Greg whispered.

"This isn't about you, Greg." Bobby snapped.

"I won't let you take his dream away from him, Dad! He doesn't need punishing for what someone else did!"

"I'm not punishing him! I'm protecting him!"

"You're making things worse, Dad!"

"Boys! Calm yourselves down his instant! Niall doesn't need this stress right now!"

"Can I see Harry and Josh?" Niall requested, "Please, Mum." he begged when he saw rejection in her eyes. She patted his shoulder, "Let me ask the doctor if you should have any more visitors."

"They're my family though."

"Hold on, dear. Come with me, Bobby." Maurah dragged him out of the room.

Taking in a deep breath, Greg stepped over to his brother's bedside, "Who did this?"

"Two guys who said they went to middle school with me. Apparently I made their lives hell. I should have taken security with me though."

"Well, too late for that now. Now we have to focus on getting those bastards."

"Not at the moment. I just feel like sleeping. I want to talk to Josh and Harry first though."

"Together?"

"Yes. We need to settle this fued between us....damn it! The show is Saturday!"

"Well, Niall there's no way you can play!"

"Oh I'LL play! Just wait and see!"

"I'm sorry, son. No concert for you." the doctor confessed to Niall. Tears welled up into his eyes, "I've never missed a concert."

"It's just one, sweetheart." Maurah lulled.

"But....but....no. I can play! I feel fine!"

"You've got some pain medication in you though."

"Then put pain medication in me on Saturday so I can do the bloody gig! I promised a girl backstage passes!"

"We'll make sure she gets them." Harry lulled. He placed his hand on Niall's shoulder and massaged him. Niall shut his eyes and groaned, "Damn, that feels good!"

"Niall, your language!" Maurah scolded.

"Oh. Erhm, sorry, Mum." he blushed. Niall tried not to curse around a lady but it was hard not to in a time like this.

It was now Saturday morning and Niall was PISSED. Josh stayed with him at the hospital, having another drummer fill in for him. "The boys didn't want to go on without you." Josh whispered.

"I made them. They can't let the fans down." Niall sighed, reaching for the jello. Josh took it from him, "Here. Let me feed you. I know you're sore."

Niall held his mouth wide open. Softly laughing, Josh shook his head, "You're so silly."

"Mrhmm." Niall said with his mouthful. After he swallowed, his eyes widened, "Wait. I'm eighteen."

"Thank God you remember your age."

"No! I mean....I can check myself out of the hospital!"

"No....no, Niall, please don't!" Josh begged.

Slowly, Niall sat up in his bed. He was in nothing but boxers. Josh's heart began to thump, "Niall, cover yourself up."

"Like the view, Josh? Think my calves are sexy aye?" Niall grinned as he limped over to his duffle bag. He pulled out a pair of sweats and a large t-shirt, "Help me."

"No. You're on your own."

Niall stared into his BEST FRIEND'S eyes, "Josh."

"Yeah?" Josh gulped.

"I died on that table. I saw a beautiful bright light and I heard singing....and I feel like that singing was meant to come from my lads--including you."

Josh frowned, "Niall...."

"I don't want to be here! I want to LIVE!" he sobbed. Josh took in a deep breath. He thought for a solid second. It seemed that way anyway....

"YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL! BUT THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL!" Harry ended WMYB and sighed heavily, "Thank you all for coming! We appreciate the support for Niall! Unfortunately, he couldn't make it tonight! Keep him in you prayers! Thank you, Directioners! This song is for Niall!"

The boys went through "Moments" and Harry was about to sing Niall's part when....

"Close the door

Throw the key

Don't wanna be reminded

Don't wanna be seen

Don't wanna be without you

My judgments clouded like tonight's sky!"

Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Harry all spun around. The crowd SCREAMED for Niall who was dressed in sweats, an unzipped jacket, and a snapback to hide his bandages. The boys ignored the fact that Niall should be in the hospital. Instead, Zayn and Harry got him underneath the arms and Louis and Liam took his knees. Grinning, they carried him over to the ledgendary sofa and sat him down, "EVERYBODY GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR NIALLER!"