The Architect Ep. 4 Besutiful

Le Noir ~

Demi knew she was over thinking this. Joe had invited her out to dinner as a thank you, nothing more. Joe ran straight to his room when he finally made it to his apartment. The doors to his closet flew open and in a couple of minutes every article of clothing he owned was on the floor. He was getting stressed, Demi was getting ready as well and all she knew was "dress to impress", but nothing in her closet seemed worthy to wear for Joe. She pulled out her phone and sent a quick text.

Joe was ancients looking for something to wear for Demi.. Almost like a girl

"Joe.. are you okay?" Nick couldn't help but laugh at his best friend.

"Nick, I'm not in the mood man. I called you because I need your help bro"

"Okay.. what do you need help with?" he asked looking around at the mess of clothing. "You need me to bag this stuff up and take it to goodwill?"

"Dude" Joe laughed.

"Nick. I'm having dinner tonight, help me pick something cool to wear"

"Dude are seriously asking me to help pick out clothes to wear on a date? You're the ladies man"

"Who's the lucky gal, anyway?" Nick crossed his arms

"Well ah" Joe mumbled

"Joe" Nick persisted.

"Dude You wouldn't know her."

"I do know her, that's why you called me over here. You think I'd know whether she'd like what you're wearing or not huh?" He smirked

Joe hated how well his best friend knew him but he was honestly afraid of telling him who he was going out with.

"Not even" Joe pro tested

"If you don't tell me, I'm going to find out anyways"

"Whatever dude"

Nick shuck his head and smirked and crossed his arms

Joe had admitted defeat, he needed to get ready and the only way was to give Nick what he wanted, "I'm having dinner with Demi."

"Demi? Who's Demi?" Nick asked hoping to everything on heaven and earth it wasn't their client.

"Demetria Lovato Nick! Bro It's just dinner." Joe said irritated.

"No, Joe, Just dinner is going out with her and her fiancé! Had you forgotten that, Demi is engaged!." Nick said his voice raising.

"Who do you think I am? I know she's engaged! It's just fucking dinner Dude! Dinner with a client! My boss!" Joe was so mad and indeniak

"Dude I'm sorry, its just that I know what you did for her. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I can't get hurt if I don't have feelings for that person." Joe said in a serious tone. "Go home, I don't want your help anymore man."

"Joe, don't be a little bitch" Nick chuckled

"Dude just fucking Go!" Joe said irritated

Joe had no idea why he had reacted like that, it wasn't like him to blow up on Nick like that. He sat down on the kitchen table and covered his face with his hands. he had never lied to himself, he knew that the only person he could be 100 percent with was himself, he knew that these nerves and this feeling in his chest was much more than being a little nervous about dinner with his boss. It might have had to do with Selena had told him back at the temp home. And now that he actually thought about it he realized just how much he and Demi had gotten along. And today had sparked a totally different side of Demi. The heartbeat in her hand, the small touches she had given him when Selena was there, and the look in her Demi's eyes when they were drinking the celebratory beers. Maybe it was because Joe hadn't been with someone in over a year. Maybe Demi being affectionate reminded him of just how amazing having someone in your life can be. It wasn't that he liked Demi. After giving himself a pep talk he looked up and saw what Nick had laid out for him, and he smiled. A whole lot of AXE.