A Failed Arrest and a Prophecy

“Lynsey, you are under arrest!” S yells as she ever so majestically busts the door down, sending wooden splinters flying through the air, but Lynsey isn’t there.  She calls Kelsey, sweat beginning to bead on her forehead.  “She isn’t here.  Must’ve skipped town.  We need every agent and organization looking for her.  Lynsey is our top priority.  I repeat, Lynsey is our top priority.”

“That might be a little hard,” declares a familiar voice on the other side of the phone.  It’s not Kelsey.

“Who is this?” S asks sternly, reflexively grabbing for the gun holstered to her belt.  The mysterious voice lets out an evil chuckle, accompanied by a nefarious meow.

“Lynsey.  It’s you!”

“My cats gave it away, huh?  Well, Agent S, you will never see your partner again.  She’s dead.  Hah.  Ha ha.  Ha ha ha!”

S cannot believe this.  A single tear runs down her pale cheek, but she angrily brushes it away.

“I will hunt you down,” S growls, clenching the phone in a death grip.

“It might not be that easy.  I have gone completely off the grid.  Muahahahahah!”  The phone clicks off.

“NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!”  S screams as she swings her colossal fist into the floor, breaking through the cement.  S contemplates chasing her down, but before she can act on that thought, a grey figure appears in the doorway.

***

Andrew sits in his cabin in the woods of Mother Russia, the balmy place of his birth. “Good thing I managed to make an exact robot replica of myself in just a matter of hours,” Andrew brags to no one in particular, in the middle of nowhere.

“Andrew,” a female voice behind him says.  As he turns around, the door whips open.  He is unable to make out who it is because of the awesome, blinding glow emanating from the woman.  It is simply too stunning.  “Andrew.  There is a prophecy.  Your firstborn child will be your undoing.  You will die at their hand.”

“But... Lynsey is dead.  She died right in front of-”

“YOUR FIRSTBORN CHILD WILL BE YOUR UNDOING.”  And with that, she is gone.

“I will just have to kill him,” Andrew chuckles under his breath.