Chapter Five ⎯⎯ The Host Hopper

Start from the beginning

I chuckled at the scene in front of me and glanced back at Kyoya beside me.

"Hey, Kyoya. Doesn't what Tamaki said also relate to me?" I whispered to him.

"Well, in theory, yes, but he doesn't know you're a girl so you don't have to worry about it." He replied.

I nodded my head and looked up to see the rest of the host club looking up at the picture of Haruhi that Tamaki was crying against on the wall. I was surprised that even Kyoya was there. Wait. When did Kyoya even get there?!

I sighed and walked over to the depressed Haruhi. I watched as Tamaki sobbed I front of the picture.

"Anyway. Haruhi how did you even get short hair anyway?" I asked.

"The day before school started, one of the kids in my neighborhoods took so gum in my hair." She explained."It's a pain to get gum out of long hair, so I decided to cut it all off. I didn't care if I looked like a dude you know."

"Ngh! Girls should never refer to themselves as a dude! Mama! Haruhi's using those dirty boy words again!" Tamaki suddenly exclaimed.

"Who's Mama?" Hikaru asked.

"Based on host club position I assume it's me," Kyoya answered.

I sighed and looked down at the crying Tamaki.

"Come on Tamaki. I don't see the problem here. I mean it's not like you control her. Haruhi can do she wants." I huffed.

"Thanks, Miso," Haruhi mumbled.

I nodded my head when Hikaru asked a question, "Hate to change the subject, but Haruhi, do you have formal dancing experience? You'll need it at the party."

"Uh. No. But the party doesn't have anything to do with my quota right? I'm not interested in going to events, so could I be excused?" Haruhi replied.

"Defiantly not. Fine gentlemen must know how to dance. If you want to live the life a host that badly then, you're going to have to show how far you're going to go Haruhi. I order you to master the waltz in one week. You will demonstrate it at the party. Or I'll tell the entire school that you're a girl." Tamaki threatened. "And knock you back down to errand boy!"

Oh, Haruhi. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now...

(The Next Day)

I watched as Haruhi and Princess Kanako. Out of all people she had to be the one to teach Haruhi? I sighed and looked back to see Tamaki sitting against the window pane depressed. What's with him? Is he still jealous?

I looked back at Haruhi and Kanako and saw Haruhi was still having trouble. I remember my first time learning now to dance the waltz. Back before I had to fake my death I always practiced with Mitsukuni. I had trouble, but he always helped me along the way.

I looked behind Haruhi and saw Takashi swinging Mitsukuni in the air. I chuckled at them when I heard a loud 'thump'. I looked down at a flustered Haruhi slumped over Kanako. It looked as if they had fallen.

"I'm so sorry Miss Kasugazaki." Haruhi apologized.

"It's OK Haruhi." She replied, putting her arms around Haruhi's neck, bring her closer.

Wow. Uh. Flirt much?

I looked back at the depressed Tamaki and walk up to the twins. "What's with him?" I asked.

They both shrugged before asking at the same time, "Why so gloomy boss?"

"I bet it's because he wanted to be the one Haruhi practiced with," Hikaru suggested.

"I think you're right, but he's way too tall to stand in as a women." Kaoru agreed.

(After The Dancing Lesson)

"Thank you so much for letting me practice with you, I really appreciate it." Haruhi thanked Kanako.

I stood a few meters away from the table Kanako sat in. I didn't really listen to their conversation, but I could tell that Kanako knew a lot about tea sets. But I wonder why was so fluster when Haruhi questioned her about it?

"Hello? I'm here with the new tea cups you ordered." A voice called from the club entrance. I looked up to see a guy that held a box of tea cups.

"Ah! Thank you very much." Kyoya thanked, walking up to him.

I watched as Kanako suddenly stiffened at the guy's voice. I frown and walked up to her. I stood next to her when she suddenly spoke, "He He, Oh Haruhi, you're so funny. I can't blame you for not knowing. After all, he doesn't look like an air to a first-class company."

I looked up at the boy and saw he looked surprised to see her. So they know each other... I looked down at Kanako and saw her her frowning a pained frown. Why is she like this?

"Well, I guess I should be going now." The guy asked.

I looked up and saw him leave and looked up to see Tamaki standing next to me

"So? You're enjoying the host club?" Tamaki asked, getting Kanako's attention.

"I get the feeling you and that guy are kinda close," Haruhi said, walking back with the box of teacups.

"Yeah. Have you guys met before?" I asked.

"Ngh! Don't be ridiculous! We hardly even met! Well, I guess I bet be going now! He He..." She shouted, walking out of the clubroom.

"Mi- chan! Guess what! They do know each other! Suzushima is Kasuga-chan's fiancé!" Mitsukuni shouted, jumping on my back.

"Ngh!" I shouted, trying to keep my balance. I quickly held him up and asked, "Really?"

"Kyoya, how long have you known this?" Tamaki asked.

"About the two of them being engaged? Well as you know I conduct general searches on all the costumers. It seems they were childhood friends. Their engagement was enraged by their parents. I thought the information wouldn't benefit us, so I disregarded it." Kyoya replied.

"Not know him my butt..." I mumbled.

I let go of Mitsukuni from my back and watched him climb onto Takashi's shoulders. I sighed as I looked at them. I closed my eyes and looked back at Kyoya and the others.

I listened on how Kyoya read information on Suzushima and how he called him 'boring'. Wow. Didn't know they disregarded boys like that...

"Suzushima's a good boy right?" Mitsukuni asked.

"Yeah," Takashi replied.

"Ok! Now we'll have work on our strategy!" Tamaki shouted.

"Which one?" All of us asked.

"Men, it is our responsibility as the elite members of the Ouran Host Club to make every girl happy!" Tamaki announced.