Cupid

Author's Note: Thank you for the comments and votes. You all are awesome and make me smile! I had a hard time with this chapter. I re-wrote it a good five times. I'm really not sure how I feel about it...But, I hope you enjoy!

__________

Toronto Canada

Isabella had spent the earlier part of the day having a mild panic attack, trying to figure out what to wear for the Welcome Dinner at the Cricket Club this evening.

The members had been told to look 'presentable', but she wasn't entirely sure what that meant.  The Toronto Cricket and Curling Club was a private athletic and social club, and although Isabella was only a guest and limited herself to the ice rink facilities, she was aware that much of the club did seem quite sophisticated. After asking Kaito's mother about acceptable attire, the only response she got was that she should probably wear something girly. 

Which had been the problem.  Because girly clothes were completely foreign to Isabella. Her typical outfit consisted of sports attire and maybe a loose hoodie.  The closest thing she owned to 'girly' was probably an old figure skating dress she wore as a child.

Thus, she devoted her morning to finding a dress, going to about fifteen different stores.  While on her quest, a store attendant managed to sway her into buying mascara, telling her that it would enhance the hazel color of her eyes.  Isabella wasn't sure if it was working like promised, but she somehow managed to get it on without poking her eyes out.  More impressively, her hair, which she often thought of as an untamable lion's mane, by some miracle of god had cooperated.  Instead of her typical high ponytail, her locks fell down her back in smooth waves.

Straightening the new navy dress over her form, Isabella flashed a tentative smile at her reflection in the mirror. 

Maybe, just maybe, she looked presentable.

As Isabella walked into the TTC dining hall that evening, she was glad she had gone through the effort of finding a dress.  The hall had been reserved by the skating club and was decorated like a formal banquet. Her eyes scanned the large room that was filled with at least twenty round tables, draped in crisp white linens. The place was already filled with people who were conversing in formal attire. 

A gentle smile was painted on her face, as she walked through the crowd. Being the shy girl that she was, she stuck to the corners of the room, looking for a familiar face she would be comfortable around.

Javier Fernandez sat at a round dining table close to where Isabella was standing. 

He had spent the past fifteen minutes joking with his Japanese friend and having small talk with his mother Yumi, who unfortunately was not as well versed in English as her son.  Although, he would have thought Yuzuru had completely forgotten the English language entirely when Isabella had entered the room.

Because Yuzuru Hanyu went completely silent. 

The young man had literally stopped talking mid-sentence before completely ignoring the conversation he had been actively part of.  His eyes were set elsewhere, following an oblivious Isabella Lawson with his eyes.

Javier smirked.

Yuzuru really needed to get his shit together.

Which is what prompted Javier to start a mission.  Tonight.  Mission:  Get Yuzuru to admit his feelings.

"It seems our Yuzu has been distracted lately," Javier spoke to Yumi.

Yuzuru's mother laughed, also having noticed her son's behavior over the past couple minutes. Just like Javier, she too had  followed her son's line of vision to rest on a girl, making her earlier suspicions grow.