Instinctual

Authors Note: Hope you like the story so far. Please comment and like. I love reading your comments =). Of note... next few chapters will be very fluffy. There will be more mature elements of the story in the coming chapters and rating may change. More likely, there will be an accompaniment to this story with a mature rating.

_______

Toronto

Javier smirked at the boy next to him as they continued their warm up drills at TCC. He had texted Yuzuru the morning after his master plan a few days prior. Although he had received radio silence from the dark haired boy, Javier knew he had been successful. After all, who knew Yuzuru better than his best friend and skate partner for almost 5 years?

Javier could tell he had been successful because of the goofy smile that would randomly consume Yuzuru's features. Or, by how Yuzuru's grin did not falter even when messing up footwork drills during group practice. Mistakes that would not have occurred or would have caused great annoyance in the past, were met with nonchalance.

Javier had never seen Yuzuru like this- not primarily focused on his skating. The young man looked like he was in outer space with thoughts and Javier wouldn't have believed it was entirely possible, if he wasn't witnessing it himself.

'I need to keep this boy out of trouble.'

Although there was a part of him that was concerned about Yuzuru's behavior, there was also a part of him that was happy for him.  Yuzuru deserved a bit of normalcy in his life-a respite from the intensity that often defined his world of both figure skating and fame.

That didn't mean Javier wasn't going to tease him about it, though.

"Something good happen?" Javier asked with faux innocence.

Yuzuru was silent, pretending to not hear the question. Javier had been giving him knowing smirks since he entered the club today.  Instead, he moved his gaze to Isabella, who was doing her own warm-ups.  Yuzuru's smile unconsciously grew, his eyes following her like a magnet.

"You are so obvious," Javier snickered.

Yuzuru flinched and glared at the man next to him.

Was he really being that obvious that something was going on between him and Isabella? He doubted it. Especially when he didn't even really know what was happening. It could have just been a few kisses to her.  Who was to say she felt for him, like how he felt for her? 

For some reason, he couldn't find it within himself to be too concerned. Not when he could still remember how soft her lips were against his in the cold Toronto air. Or, how the soft curve of her hip fit so perfectly in his grasp as they said their goodbyes, bodies huddled together for warmth some nights ago, when he walked her home.

He knew those memories would stay with him for quite some time.

"Yuzuru!"

Yuzuru heard Javier's warning a little too late as his skates went over the edge of the rink, leading him to fall to the ground with a thud.

Javi couldn't help but to burst into laughter.  He reached down to Yuzuru, who was avoiding his eyes with a look of defeat and embarrassment.  "You are hopeless, man," Javier stated as the younger man clasped his extended hand, helping him get back on his feet.