(1) Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Dot!" I exclaimed pouting at her, since we both specifically requested no presents. "Okay, I know I wasn't meant to but I saw these in store and I just had to buy them. Open them then!" She practically screeched as her hands nestled together in excitement as we both undid the packaging and pulled out our separate outfits.

"Wow!" We exclaimed in unison, both of us smiling at each other.

Clary's gift was a black, lace cropped top with patterned lace arms and a black materialled centre overtopped with black, sheer lace.

 Whereas mine was a black halter lattice crop, that had a plunging neckline and had a criss cross neck.

In other words, the tops literally, screamed Camilla and Clary.

"Yeah, you might want to keep that on the DL, 'cause your mom's my boss and I don't want her to flip out." Dots explained laughing lightly before pulling us both into a sisterly side hug.

"Yeah, but that's how I know it's cool." I replied defiantly causing them both to chuckle at my statement.

"You know, you're way better at gift-giving than magically predicting the future." Clary pointed out, making me nod in agreement as we both pack away our new presents. "Nothing magical about it. I just buy the things I want to wear. Happy birthday." Dot explained shrugging before again hugging us both individually.

"I love you both, so goddamn much"

"We love you to dot" I cooed childishly before quickly pecking her on the cheek and grabbing my bag off the floor.

"Go up and see your mom." Dots scolded jokingly before waving us goodbye as we ascended up the stairs to see our mother. However, before we could even call out to her, she rushed down the hall and directly pulls us into hugs.

"You did it! Yay!" She exclaims laughing loudly as we pull away from our bonding hug.

I chuckled, shaking my head at her. "You also follow Simon?" Clary questioned unsurprised.

"He only has 92 followers. He needs the retweets. Congratulations!" My mum, Jocelyn, exclaimed again embracing Clary in a hug.

"Thank you. Hashtag, stalker mom." Clary teased as my mother walked away before coming back to us both with two wooden boxes.

"Happy birthday. It's called a stele." She explained as we took it from her hands and walked over to take a seat on the couch.

I carefully opened the box in my hands, and even though it wasn't something amazing like diamonds I still found myself gasping as I held the item in my hand.

"What is it, like, a paperweight?" Clary asked lazily, also examining the item in her hand

"What is it, like, a paperweight?" Clary asked lazily, also examining the item in her hand. "No, it's much more than that. It's very ancient. I wanted you both to have it. There family heirlooms." She explained cautiously, her voice hollow and eyes alert as we both fiddled with the 'stele'.

"We Frays have heirlooms?" I commented flippantly causing a smirk in reply from Clary.

"A few." I heard my mother mumble.

"You know, it's weird. I doodled something that looked like this this morning." Clary explained warily. As I nodded my head "Same, I must have seen this around the house somewhere."

"Honey, I need to..." [cell phone chimes]

"Simon. He's on his way over." I said as Clary and I stand up, both of us placing the stele in our bags. "But we need to talk." My mother explained causing clary to scoff slightly "and we will"

"We can't right now. We have to change. We're going to see Champagne Enema tonight." I replied. "What?" My mum questioned, her face completely confused. "Yeah, I know. It's the new band name. But Simon and Maureen are taking us out after."

My mum immediately stepped forwards, her face shocked.

"But it's... It's your 18th birthday, and, uh...everything's going to change for you now. "She said rapidly making both Clary and I giggle. "Mom, we've had the talk. We're good, we can have this important conversation but can it be over breakfast, all right? I love you." Clary explained rushing before pecking mum on the cheek and rushing upstairs.

I chuckled lightly at my mums confused expression before also pecking her on the cheek as she turned to me. "I thought you were the rebellious one?!" My mother exclaimed jokingly making me laugh out loud.

"I thought so too, anyways thanks for the present and love you" I explained before grabbing my stuff and following Clary up the stairs.

Though now looking back at it, listening to what my mother had to say would have been the best thing.

Maybe it could have saved her...

A/N

Hey guys!

So first chapters up, what did you think??? Honestly I thought it went well, a little longer then I had planned but it turned out pretty good. 

Anyways I know that the school Clary applied for in the actual Shadowhunters isn't MSA but I changed the name so that it would be Muscical school of Arts so that could involve Camillas music as well. 

Anyway, hope your looking forwards to the next part since it the one were we meet Jace, Alec and Izzy!!

Lots of love, xoxo