"This day will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday ever." I said loudly, my eyes looking at Clary who nodded in agreement. "Which is why we are celebrating tonight." I challenged stridently making Clary glare jokingly at me before smirking in humour "Yeah of course its not everyday me and my fraternal twin turn 18, now is it?"

"Ha-ha, awesome so were totally going out tonight to celebrate" I cheered before clinking my cup with Clary's coke and Simons coffee and drinking hastily.

"Yes, with Maureen, after our show." Simon added nonchalantly as I nod quickly, agreeing. "Absolutely!" I add, sending a not so subtle wink to Simon.

"So, what's the deal with you and Maureen?" Clary teased jokingly, immediately causing Simon to tense and blush.

"What deal? We sing together." Simon argued calmly, not really understanding what Clary was insinuating. "You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time?" Clary exclaimed wondrously, the shock evident in her face as I sat there silently watching in on the conversation.

"What? No, no..." Simon stuttered completely confused. "Simon, how can someone as smart and perceptive as you not realize that the person sitting right there is in love with you?" Clary scoffed unexpectedly as she sipped her coke, clearly not understanding the irony of that statement.

"I guarantee you I'm not the only smart, perceptive person to make that mistake." Simon added quietly to Clary, instantly making my heart swell in sadness and a frown to fall onto my face at Simon.

I mean everyone knows that Simon has been in love with Clary since, well ever, but despite the obvious Clary's never realised, and Simon's never had the courage to mention it.

I look down from Simon and immediately notice somethings wrong.

"That's a latte. But I could have sworn I had a biscotti." I asked rhetorically as I stared intently down at the table confused as to where the hell my biscotti disappeared to. "Maybe you ate it really fast and didn't even notice. Happens to me all the time. When I'm happy... when I'm sad" Simon replied making both Clary and I laugh at his unmistakable humour.

"But I will replace your mythical biscotti with an actual one." Simon laughed giving me his as I whispered a grateful thank you, gladly taking the delightful snack in my hand.

"You know what Si, here's to you" Clary giggled raising her glass causing us both to do the same.

"L'chaim." Clary exclaimed with an accent.

"L'chaim." Me and Simon said struggling to not burst into fits of laughter.

However, I just couldn't seem to stop staring at the table in front of me, that now suddenly had a drawing of a biscotti carved into it...

***

"Oh yeah because that was totally hot" I giggled jokingly at Clary as we walked in through the back of Dot's Tarot card shop, that was below our house.

"Hey, Dot." I greeted chirpily making her look up at us both grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey! How's your future looking?" Clary asked playing faux mystery. "Not as good as yours. Hmm. The tarot cards tell me you got into the advanced program." Dot smirked knowingly instantly making Clary and I smile at her. "And by the tarot cards, you mean, Simon's Twitter account" I questioned teasingly making dot chuckle at my wittiness.

"Okay, I follow him. Mmm. Turns out, predicting the future with tarot cards is very complicated." Dot confessed dryly before walking over to the bench on the side and pulling out two separate bags. "But, I do see a birthday present in your future." She exclaimed handing Clary and I both a bag.