Chapter 14

(Patrick's pov)

I sighed and got out of bed and grabbed my hockey gear after putting on my suit. I got on a flight to pittsburgh. I was going to miss morning skate but, oh well. I boarded my flight and then my phone buzzed. I glanced down to see it was a text from Jem.

Jem: I'm proud of you baby :)

Me: Thanks babe. you better watch on TV tonight though!

Jem: of course I will patty. :) You play hard :) I'll be sporting my Kane jersey for you all night :) Also I'm going grocery shopping for you. You have no food in this house :P

Me: haha alright babe :) I probs have food just not what you want :p

Jem: nope you have no food! I'd starve if I didn't go to the grocery store!

Me: lol you're silly.

Jem: I think you've rubbed off on me for that.

Me: Maybe ;)

Jem: well I've got some food to be shopping for talk to you later patty.

Me: Alright baby I'll txt you after the game.

Jem: Kk love you.

Me: love you too!

I then scrolled through my twitter. The plane soon landed and I headed to Consol Energy Center. We still had an hour before warm ups and I honestly just wanted to be alone. I walked into the guest locker room and sat in my stall alone. I sighed with my head in my hands. "Didn't think you'd be here Kane," I looked up to see the voice matched to coach Q. I didn't say anything back. I honestly just wanted to go play hockey and just forget about everything.

I feel guilty for hitting Jonathan he is my best friend.... Well he was. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I sat there like that just letting thoughts swirl through my head. I heard the door to the locker room open but, I didn't look up to see who it was. When I glanced up I saw Jonathan with a bruise on his cheek from where I hit him which made me feel worse.

(Jonathan's pov)

After Patrick punched me and left I was stunned. Lindsay left soon after but, all the guys stayed there staring at me. "What?" I asked sighing. I was frustrated and honestly very pissed at Jennifer for upsetting Lindsay. "You. You were way out of line Jonathan," Patrick Sharp said. "What do you mean?" I asked him glaring at him. "I mean you shouldn't have said those things to Jem you fucking made her cry dude!" Sharpie yelled at me. "She made Lindsay cry!" I argued back. "No she didn't," Crawford said stepping in. "What do you mean?" I questioned now facing Crow. "She wasn't crying Jonathan it was all an act," Corey said rolling his eyes. "yes she was I saw it," I said. "Jonathan before she came in here she yelled at Jennifer and pushed her into the wall. I saw it!" Andrew Shaw now said jumping into the argument. "Why would she do that?" I asked more quietly. "Because she doesn't like Jem I guess," Sharpie now said. "You need to apologize to Patrick and especially Jem," Crow said. I sighed and grabbed my stuff and walked out of the building with out another word. I walked to the hotel and sat on my bed seeing all of Patrick's stuff gone. I pulled out my phone and typed a message to Patrick but I didn't send it.

I walked into the locker room about 35 minutes early and I saw Patrick sitting in his stall with his head in his hands. He didn't glance up at me right away but, when he did his face was full of guilt. "We need to talk," I told him. He nodded and looked back down at the ground. "come here pat," I told him and he followed me to a more secluded part of the building. "Patrick I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you or Jem or made Jem cry and I deserve this black eye," I said without looking at Patrick. "it's okay," the shorter boy said. "No it's not Patrick. I didn't know Lindsay was just trying to cause problems so I yelled at Jem and you and I shouldn't have and I feel so bad," I told him. "Its okay Jonathan. I'm sorry for hitting you," Patrick said looking at his feet. "it's okay." I then pulled Patrick into a hug and Patrick hugged me back. Patrick was still like my brother and I didn't want that to ever change. "Im so sorry Patrick. I didn't mean to upset you," I apologized again. "Its okay Jonathan you're still my brother," Patrick said. I patted Patrick's back and we walked back to the locker room which was now full of players. They all stared at Patrick and I when we walked in. "why are they staring at us?" Patrick whispered. "Yes guys we made up," I told them also answering Patrick's question with my answer. We then got ready to go play some hockey.